Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I have not been here. My mother in law passed away Monday. My step-mom wrote me something I wanted to share.

The Dash

I read of a man who stood to speak at the funeral of a friend. He referred to the dateon her tombstone from the beginning to the end. He noted first came her date of birth and spoke the following date with tears, but he said what mattered mostwas the dash between those years. (1900-1970) For the dash repersented all the years she spent alive on earth, and now only those who loved her knew what that little line was worth, for it matters not, how much we own; the cars..the house...the cash.. what matters is how we live and love and how we spend our dash. So think about this long and hard..... Are there things you would like to change? For you never know how much time is left. That can still be rearranged. To consider what is true and real, and alway try to undrstandthe wayother people feel. And be less quick to anger, and show appreciation more and love the people in our lives like we never loved before. If we treat each other with respect, and more often wear a smile... Remembering that this special dash might only last a little while.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Sorry to hear the news DD. My condolences to your family, my thoughts are with you. Scarlet says to send her condolences as well.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Shell, sorry to hear your bad news , my prayers our with you and your family . My thoughts are also with you !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.