Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do all rotties shed? my maximus sheds. i gotta sweap our hard wood floors every day just to keep up.

i brush him everyday. he drinks alot of water. he was shedding even with nutro and now with maximum nutrition dog food. same amount of shedding.

i don't think its the food.

since its my 1st rotty i am not 100% if this is normal?

any feedback would be much appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

I'm not real experienced with rotts, so I can only tell you about my own. Apollo doesn't seem to shed alot, I brush him everyday. But I have heard there are dogs that "blow" their coat everyonce in a while. Yours could be doing that. Or he may just shed more than other dogs. Some of the other members have more than one rott and could probably tell you a lot more. I think as long as it isn't excessive where he has bald spots, or is scratching alot then you really shouldn't worry. </BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Dogs blow their coats twice a year,unless you have a female who also blows coat before coming into season.

I can't remember what it looks like when one sheds as we have hair everywhere.I am always sweeping or vaccuming.Just part of the joy of having dogs.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I'm with Donna and thevaccuming and the hair and the vaccuming....I bought a Dysonvaccum which I love ! I have 4 rotties so Ivaccum every day !!!! I also brush everyday ! well my dogs that is
I also take my pups to a groomer about every 6 weeks he blows out their hair when he drys them with a power blower ....wow the hair that comes out is unbelievable !!! and it helps keep my sanity for a bit .... Dan I said for a bit ..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya there are no bald spots at all with Maximus and he doesn't scratch much either. He is pretty much an indoor dog. But ya I think he maybe shedding right now due to the hot weather we are getting in NJ.

Ya I have to sweep every day. I always thought Rotties dont shed hehe.

Thanks for the info once again.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble on that one but oh well we love 'em anyway.....
. I honestly can't remember a day when there wasn't rott hair to clean up or brush!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.