Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so we're working on Gia's stack and also showing her teeth. Getting her to stand and stay is going fairly well. She's getting a bit better when I lift her lips to show her teeth, but when we open her mouth at all, she sits down and sometimes squirms around a bit. So far I'm just trying to open it VERY briefly and then tell her how good she is and give her a treat. Is that right? I keep wondering if I should keepholding it openuntil she stops squirming, but then I wonder if I should just keep moving really slowly to keep it positive for her. Any suggestions on this?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Sounds like fun. Wish I could help but I haven't started that yet. I hope someone replies so I can come back and read it in a month or so
. I have a feeling that the problem child is going to be a problem
or
???

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Everything should be done in baby steps when training and fun.So don't force her or she will learn to hate it.

Show the front part of the teeth and praise.Try not to do the stand and teeth yet have her sit while you are doing it and slowly work it into the stand.

Onces she gets the front part then lift the gums on one side to show the back teeth then praise,then go to the other side praise.Then work on opening the mouth.

You can even do teeth while you are cuddling on the couch.front ,side, side, open Yea!!!!!!

Donna

1 - 4 of 4 Posts