Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ROL Members,

I wanted to take a moment to announce to you that I have
recently transferred ownership of RottweilersOnline to a new team, who will be taking over the day-to-day admin and
webmaster duties of the site.

I'm sure all of you are aware that in the past year and half,
I have not had the time needed to properly manage the
forums, and give its community the attention it deserves.
My life has changed a great deal with the birth of my
daughter, and after much contemplation I have decided to
take on partners as the webmasters and administrators of
the site. I have found a couple of web savy dog-lovers who
have offered to maintain the site and help it grow. After
weeks of communication, I trust that they will be able to
help build the site into a much more user friendly resource.
The new owners have agreed to keep our community, its
mission, and its rules the same. They already have exciting
plans for RottweilersOnline, including a new forum format
that will greatly improve the site, and move its community
forward.

Nothing in regards to how the forum conducts on a daily
basis will change. Kitty, and the rest of the mod team,
know this forum the best and know what rules apply to this
community. The new admins believe this community is very
unique and to that end they will continue to support the
existing rules and forum leaders.

So please help me welcome the new admins and join me in
this new endeavor while we make this place even
better!

Sincerely,

Jess

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello ROL members!

I would like to introduce ourselves to you - tThe two of us good friends make up our two-man team at Offleash Media. After weeks of speaking with Jess and Kitty and learning about ROL, we hope to contribute to this community in a positive manner and be as helpful with day-to-day stuff as we can. At the same time we plan to keep all of the principle forum guidelines the same.

We hope to contribute to this community in a positive manner, gain lasting friendships for years to come and be as helpful with day-to-day stuff as we can.

Let me share a little about OffleashMedia.</span>
We specialize in managing online dog-focused communities. We bring to the table infrastructure and resources that will ensure the forums will be around for years to come.

What are our intentions?</span>
Our number one goal is to provide the resources required to allow the community to continue on as the same wonderful community that all of you have built in the past few years. We want to continue making this the community that allows passionate Rottweiler owners and enthusiasts to share their knowledge with the rest of the community and move it forward into the new decade. From a professional standpoint, the way we stay in business is by developing products and services based on the needs and requests of the community, a few examples include: member calendars, merchandise stores based on our community and others.

Also after our discussions with Jess, Kitty and the admins, we understand that a forum upgrade is long-overdue - so... We will be shifting the forums to vbulletin over the next couple of weeks! It will be easier to use, login to and most importantly, all of our information and past conversations will be brought over too! We think this will be a great and exciting improvement:)

OK, so you might be thinking of a lot of questions...</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;">Will this affect our community and leadership?</span>
Not at all! We truly believe that what makes each community successful is unique and if it ainÂ’t broke, donÂ’t fix it. It is very important to us that the culture and community remain the same. The admins and you as the members here are the ones that know this forum the best and know what rules apply to this community. We truly believe that what makes each community successful is unique across every community and that the foundation is based on the principles established by its core members. It is very important that the rules and culture of this community in which you guys have been familiar with in the past will stay the same.

What will our role be?</span>
Our primary role will be technical in nature. If you have a technical issue related to the site or forums, contact us at [email protected] . We will check the site regularly to make sure that if there are issues that arise, they will be handled promptly and correctly. We will also be working to ensure this community is continually well supported. However, since we are dog lovers too, we will also be jumping in from time to time contributing where we can, and commenting on any adorable new photos or any other fun chatter

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. You can post them here or send us an email at [email protected] and weÂ’ll do our best to answer all your questions. See you guys around! We look very forward to becoming a part of your community and hope that you will all give us a chance to prove that we have the best intentions for this community!

Warmest Regards,

The Rottweilers Online Team

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I wish to officially welcome the new guys to the ROL team.I can't wait to see all what you will do with the site. I know it will be a exciting move for ROL and it's members! Congratulation's!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Come on members of ROL welcome are new team- partner's to the site!!!!! I know you are here because I see all of you posting or logged in......LOL

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome Nate & Ari! I, too, am very excited to see the changes/upgrades to the site!

·
Registered
20 Posts
tigerpaw709 said:
Welcome Nate & Ari! I, too, am very excited to see the changes/upgrades to the site!
Thanks for the warm welcome Tricia! Looking forward to getting to know you better! Please do stay tuned for changes- we're prepping on our end and hoping to have them up in the next couple of weeks!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Welcome ! I've been around for quite a while and I've seen a lot of change here. I remember chatting with Jess one night and saying " wow ... we are up to 1000 members ". I have made a few real life friends here, the site has been nice

Some nice people have been active here in the past and have left for one reason or another. I was a mod here at one time and told Jess I just couldn't do it because of the emails I was getting from a couple of members asking me to take sides and I wouldn't do that. It was nice of Jess to offer that position and show the trust that she had in me. I'm happy to see that someone is coming on board to help keep the site going and to make a few changes for the better.

Best of luck in the future

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you so much for the support and the kind words 2bad, we will dedicate our time, focus and attention into continuing to build and improve on the amazing community that you have all built!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Ross, you saying this reminds me of one of my favo songsby Toby Kieth ........every light in the house is on! LOL

·
Registered
846 Posts
Welcome to the site, will be great to see what you guys have in store :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Welcome Nate and Ari. Looks to be exciting times ahead.

·
Registered
4 Posts
rottnbul said:
Welcome Nate and Ari.....Sometimes changes are good. Good days ahead.
Thanks for the welcome and the support Marianne - we'll work hard to make ROL an even better place for everyone to chat:)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hallelujah the double click is gone!!!! And my I-spell works.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts