Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SLOWEST sites on the planet
Today it won't hardly even refresh at all. This one here is about as fast as it has been...

This page was generated in 5.3262 seconds.

It gets pretty slow here at times but we are getting the prize today !

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
This page was generated in 0.6094 seconds.

This page was generated in 0.3125 seconds.

It must be your internet connection...

Anyone else having problems?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jess , I think I'm going to call HP and ask if it is my computer. I just went from home page to this thread and this is what I got

This page was generated in 0.2500 seconds.

That isn't anywhere close. my computer is taking at last 30 seconds to load the entire page. I'll see if it is a problem on my end. My other sites seem to be going along pretty good today.

Oh... good morning

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I do notice that every once in a while it will take a bit longer for a page to load than normal. But overall it seems okay on my end. I'll double check the server and host to see if there's any problems.

I know that the chat box does slow things down a tad with its refresh... currently it's the best chat I've found that integrates with the rest of the site. But I'm keeping an eye out for something better that won't have a refresh.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jess, I called my high speed provider and everything is good. I called HP about my computer and everything isn't so good. Seems I have a corupt file and I have to do a system recovery. I'm going to have to tough it out untill I can figure out how to save my e-mails and photos. Dang computer is only 50 days old ! I'm not real happy

·
Registered
328 Posts
I do system restore's all the time. You don't loose anything when you do that. I beleive it's in the accessories program. You can just go back a day or two when things were running right. Ask HP about just trying that first.

Barb

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh noooooo. I have to do a total system restore ! And I'm not a happy camper.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Actually Andy , you don't have to do a restore... You can actually just put your XP disc in then just do a repair windows .... when you say total system restore I am assuming it's a reformat type of deal ... but when I had problems with the inlaws PC , that's what I did. Repair Windows.... Leaves everything on there yet deletes Windows and puts it back on without disturbing pictures and stuff. But be careful and just do a repair 'cuz if you hit the wrong button you WILL lose everything..

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the tips ! I'm trying some different stuff right now. I'm running two different spyware programs. Might be spyware slowing me down. I'm trying a few different things.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts