Rottweilers Online Forums banner

so annoying!

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  luvourrottie 
#1 ·
I got bored at today and starting looking up pet friendly vacations. I thought I found this great camp ground geared for dogs. It has 7 off leash parks, a pond for swimming (titus' favorite activity), nature trails, little cabins and no pet fees :) I got to clicking around the site and got so excitied I texted my husband all about it. Well...when I clicked on the reservation/availablity page there it was :( "because of insurance reasons the following breeds are no allowed" and you guessed it, Rottweiler was listed first.
It really broke my heart that the boys wouldn't be able to experience this great weekend

#4 ·
That would really tits me off, and sometimes has - I love going camping ith my dogs and mostly I haven't found this to be a problem except for with campsites in Southern Ireland

What really annoys me is when we go with our friends, making a total of 7 or so Rottweilers, we are the responsible people and its the other 'pet dog owners' disregard the campsite rules and allow their dogs to roam off leash

#5 ·
haha yes i was kicked off a beach by a police officer, he said rottweilers are only meant for armies LOL! but yes, sad, theres a nice pub in dubai called the irish village, they allow dogs, but they didnt specify which breeds, i guess im going to have to find out after the summer! i cant wait to go with the dogs, Kaza how cool does it look 7 rotties! thats the life x

#7 ·
A few years ago about 5 ladies got together at a local beach to walk our dogs - a total of nine rottweilers between 5 women...what cracked me up was the big muscle heads trying to control their big muscle head dogs, while the four of us calmly walked past them. One guy commented, "How the hell can you 'girls' walk those dogs like that?!?!" At least two of us replied. "Its called TRAINING AND SOCIALIZATION...try it!"

Other than those fools, we got alot of great comments about how well behaved our dogs were...

Reactions: Aisha Al Midfa
#8 ·
a few years ago about 5 ladies got together at a local beach to walk our dogs - a total of nine rottweilers between 5 women...what cracked me up was the big muscle heads trying to control their big muscle head dogs, while the four of us calmly walked past them. One guy commented, "how the hell can you 'girls' walk those dogs like that?!?!" at least two of us replied. "its called training and socialization...try it!"

other than those fools, we got alot of great comments about how well behaved our dogs were...
looooooooool!

#9 · (Edited)
It makes me sick to hear of the aforementioned issues. I just had an issue with CoCo and an evening trip to Home Depot. Now the Home Depot I use is a mile down the road. I have been going there for the past 15 years...and easily have spent 100K in the place. In all my years have taken my prior Rottie Dakota in there probably 5 times, and never had an issue. Usually when we go it's very late...or early...that way we can make a quick trip of it. This trip was no exception...I needed 2 gallons of paint and we knew what color we needed. I walked in...CoCo at a heel, the store was empty short of the staff and a few stragglers. We went to the paint counter, and the gal asked if she could help up, I said sure...needed 2 gallons of this paint color...blah blah blah. She said...no problem give me 5 min. I said perfect...we walked to the roller section...picked up a 6 pack of rollers...then over to the tile section and looked at marble sills. On my way back to the paint department get stopped by some gal, and asked me what I was doing? I began to tell her...and before I can get half my statement out, she tells me that dog's are not allowed in the store. Now I am looking at my finished 2 gallons of paint on the counter...and say to this person... Ok...well were leaving as our paint order is done. She stands there and again re-enforces that dog's are not allowed in the store unless they are a service dog, or in a cart...so if I want to continue shopping there CoCo needs to be in a cart. I tell her that's not going to happen...and you can bet I'm boiling about right now. I remain calm, and tell her that were done here when I pick up our completed paint order. She continues to stand there and give me a stupid look...and I finally just walked away from her...picked up my two gallons of paint and hit the cashier. Upon checkout I get mobbed by the two cashier's, petting CoCo, and going on how well behaved she is. I let CoCo get the attention, and knowing one of the cashier's said to her....what gives? I have been coming to this Home Depot since it was at a different location and never had a problem walking my dog through the store for the 5 min that I planned on being there? She really had no answer.
I almost went off about them knowing the actual requirement's to be a service dog? I honestly almost came home...ordered a service dog vest for CoCo...and strolled back through the Home Depot just because....instead I believe from now on I'm taking my business to Lowe's.
The sad part about it...CoCo was a complete lady...never left my side (on leash)...and the only people we had interaction with was the two cashier's. We were there maybe 10 min....that's why I took her...because I just needed to "run in...run out".

#13 ·
I almost went off about them knowing the actual requirement's to be a service dog? I honestly almost came home...ordered a service dog vest for CoCo...and strolled back through the Home Depot just because....
Honestly, doing that would not only be illegal, it would make it THAT much harder for people with actual service dogs to be accepted. Regardless of the pet policy of the store, lying about having a service dog just so you can bring them into a store is wrong.

I know someone who has a seizure alert dog - and while she outwardly appears normal, and for all intents and purposes, she really is, the dog has saved her life several times by alerting her to oncoming seizures and helping her get to safety.

As for never going there again, I not only would never go there, I'd have left my specially mixed paint on the counter, along with all the other supplies I had picked up while waiting for the paint to be mixed, and walked out...although my dogs ARE small enough to be in a cart... {winking and laughing}!

#12 ·
Not sure...but I'm sure she was not fond of men. Maybe she and her life partner were upset about the pending ruling in Cali. about marriage?? :confused: Regardless they will get the absolute minimum of my business from now on...if at all.
Their loss....they just lost 5K in materials.

#15 ·
I'm lucky...I have a Lowe's literally right across the street form Home Depot...!

#16 ·
RottiMomCT, I couldn't agree more. I take long walks with my rottie, Atticus at different dog parks and I go on socialization walks to different parks with a group organized by our dog trainer. Inevitably, some ignorant person says, "oh stay away from "that" dog". As it turns out Atticus is usually the best behaved in the group.

As for other dog owners that we encounter on our regular walks, there are many ill behaved, unsocialized dogs. Last weekend, one large shepard mix, off lead came barrelling at us. The owner was definitely not in control of the situation. Atticus sat by my side as instructed. When I spoke the the owner and said that it would be much more pleasant for his dog and for others in the park if he socialized and trained his dog, he actually cursed at me!

It is always the irresponsible pet owner that causes the problems, not he breed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.