Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we were camping this weekend and our 1 1/2 old rott - Autzen - loves to swim. he was in the river for about 5 hours swimming and playing, then we realized his feet were bleeding...he had worn his claws down to the quik (??spelling) and some of them were bleeding! he also wore the area around his pads and all behind them to raw skin. we are not sure what we can do to make it feel better? he is really really sore! has anyone ever seen anything like this before? if so what did you do to help?! thanks, Kathy

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
He sure did play hard.

For his pads you can put Prepation H on them.It will num them so his feet don't hurt so much and it won't hurt him if he licks them.

And don't let him play that hard for a while

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Good advice as usually from Donna!!
I wouldnt have known what to do for that....
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Wow I'll say he was playing hard ! My pups are on are boat and in the river all the time at times all day ....but never have I had one wear their feet or toe nails down....I wish they would a little bit Zeus is a bugger to cut his....what was he running on ? was there alot of rocks or stones ? good advice Donna I didn't know that would help .... I hope you baby feels better soon ....

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I carry a tube with me when I go to shows just in case someone cuts their pad and is limping.I heard about it years ago and have always had one since.

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Thats something really handy to know, I will have to remember that. Never know when you might need something like that. Is it typically used only on the feet?

</BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.