Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having so much trouble stacking rocky, every time i get his feet where i want them he either moves them or sits down, i'm keeping upward pressure on the collar but that doesn't keep his butt from going down haha..i've read the step by step thread on stacking, and went by every step..anyone have any insight or tips for getting the stance how you want it, and then making sure the dog doesn't move??? here is the best i could do:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Are you stacking him for AKC or sieger shows? You could invest in Happy Feet, but I found a cheaper alternative! Cans of peaches were my method and when the dog was through with them mighty nice edible!

At this age keep everything fun. It is fun to stack out as rewards are coming. Your baby doesn't seem too happy about his training. Lighten up and show him this is a really neat thing to do!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thorvone you're exactly right..he was not happy, i complete forgot to treat him! i also got a little flustered, and i quickly remembered that training should be fun, not hassle..i just want to teach him the stance for photography reasons and obedience

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Thorvone! here's a new pic of him while having "FUN" training

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
PLEASE get the choke chain collar off of the puppy! Use a flat buckle collar...or is you must use a collar like that get a martingale or limited slip collar. I hate seeing choke chain collars on young puppies (or any dog for that matter)...

·
Registered
927 Posts
He is focused on his treat, but bring more fun into it! I like to see the nubbie up and flashing. Your feet are not there yet, but that is OK. Fire him up with treats or a ball, stop stack, good boy, give him a reward. Do this again five mins tops at this age. You can work on feet placement later. He is a nice looking puppy!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks a lot thorvone, i'll start working him that way and see how it goes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts