Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ooops..

I started off in the pics forum, but I`ll continue here

I am the proud owner of "Laika" (my girlfriend has also registered here... under the name "Laika"
).

A little while back we decided it was time to get a dog and I posted an ad on the net for a "relocation dog" or a mixed breed of some size.

The next morning I got a call from a lady who was desperate to find a place for their pup. They were also the owners of the parents of the pup.
Their house had burned down and 3 big Rotties in a small apartment was too much.

We went to look at the pup and were sold imediately (of course). We also had a chance to meet the parents.
"Max", the dad was a big barrel of hugs and good nature. Not as tall as some I have seen, but weighing in at 154lbs he was quite massive with classic markings.
"Senta", the mom was a tad smaller at 121lbs, less markings on her chest fading to an almost black face.

Laika was 3 1/2 months when she came to us and weighed 33lbs. She has the markings of her dad, and I am looking forward to see how big she will get.

All of this happened about a month ago and she is thriving with her new "pack". She has grown a LOT these last few weeks (44lbs now)and her teeth are falling out.. hehe, poor thing.

We have never owned a Rottweiler before, but this little girl has sold us completely. Shes very good with people and other dogs, a little too playful with the youngest children, but thats normal "puppypower"

We live in Southwest Norway, 30 minutes from the mountains and 20 minutes drive from the beach, and to top it all the forest is only 40 meters from our frontdoor.
Looking forward to many happy years with her

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Welcome aboard again !

She has some very big parents !! I have a male who weighs 155 pounds but I have not seen many females that weigh over 120 ... wow ! Your pup looks like she is very big boned in the pisc you posted. I'm looking forward to seeing her grow , you keep posting pictures !!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts