Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear, I just don't know what the hell people are thinking sometimes! We took Samantha to Petsmart to get a toy and to socialize this past weekend. She had a great time, saw other dogs, cats and tons of people - she loves it. She met quite a few children and most of the parents ask if it is OK for their kids to pet her, which is good. Of course it is OK with us but I prefer them to ask to teach the kids not to approach strange dogs, KWIM? So anyway, I am standing there and Sam is in a sit/stay watching dogs and people. This kid comes up to her - he is about 6 or 7 - looks her straight in the eye and GROWLS at her! WTF??? First of all - WHY is this kid in a pet store and secondly WHY did his dad allow him to do this??? He starts walking toward Sam so I did the only thing I could do - released her from her sit stay and made her heel and walk away with me. THEN we are outside at Petsmart cuz they have all the dogs for adoption out there and Sam is again in a sit/stay just watching the dogs, people and cars go by, etc. Here comes this jackass with his kid and AGAIN the kid looks Sam straight in the eye and growls at her! His dad says NOTHING! I could chalk the first time up to maybe he didn't see what his kid did but this time he was right next to him so there was no way he could miss it! I turned Sam and walked down the sidewalk until they were in their car and driving away.

I just don't get it and since they were in Petsmart I am going to assume they have SOME kind of pet - whatever it is I feel sorry for it!!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I would have said something to the kid the second time he did it.That is just plain stupid and should have been told so,since his father did not correct him.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Janine , unbelievable ! I have had this also happen to me this summer with a girl on a bike ! She would ride by and growl at my Kitty ! Finally after she rode by for the3rd time I said girl what is wrong with you ? Don't ever do that to my dog again !! I will say it was a good test for Kitty she didn't growl or even look her way , but this girl didn't know if my dog would try to take off after her or not ! She was about 15 or so..... old enough to know better for sure ! It was the first time I have ever seen her in townI have seen her acouple of times since but I don't know who she belongs to ...when I do I will go and see her parents and tell them what she was doing maybe they don't know .....but after I'm done they will and hopefullythey will talk to her !! She is asking to get bit by a dog .. who is not under control !!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.