Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I don't know if that's the correct terminology for it. Creasey is 9 1/2 months old. She has had one heat cycle and is being spayed on April 4th. We had to wait because she was still in heat when the last date came and went. She has been licking and chewing a lot (A LOT) on her belly and inside of her hind legs. THis morning her one nipple is quite swollen and red. Any suggestions? We put Neosporin on it for the inflamation.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She finished about three weeks ago. We just weren't sure if maybe one of her mammory glands was blocked or something weird like that. The others are a little "saggy" lately but look fine. I can't believe the stuff I discuss sometimes on this website
Thanks Donna.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
some times after a heat cycle some girls will have a phantom pregnacey.They will some times swell up and produce milk too.

But it is too early for that,so just make sure to call the vet and see if they think it's bad enough to go in and see his.

There is never a stupid question here.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Donna. I'm calling the vet right now because she wouldn't eat really yesterday (never even finished breakfast and didn't touch it at dinner), this nipple thing, and on top of all that she threw up what little food she did eat at about 1 am this morning. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Mel, I hope your girl is OK ... I always get upset when they don't eat ...or throw up when they do ...let us know what the vet says .

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the concern. Actually, Creasey throws up pretty easily on a regular basis. If she eats a few pieces and then runs across the room, she spits it up. The vet did blood tests on Monday and her white blood cells are slightly high as well as her lyphocytes and her kidney values. They gave me the "bad news range" of either elevated levels due to dehydration and young age (she gets car sick so that's possible) or kidney disease and parasites. Brought me to sobs after hanging up the phone. Dropped off urine and fecal samples today for testing. On top of all of that...I threw a tennis ball to my husband and hit her directly in the open eye. She screamed and actually laid down and let me put ice on it for her. Had her eye checked last night. No damage so far. No abrasions or cuts on cornea either. Just swollen. Giving her steroid eye drops. On top of that...think she's definitely going through phantom pregnancy. Vet confirmed that she agreed last night. Nipple infected due to mammory gland infection. Let's see.....am I forgetting anything? She is the most spoiled, well-cared for, watched like a hawk dog I know and all of this?!?!?! Go figure. The vet said they've never seen a chart so thick for a dog so young.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Heres hoping everything comes back negitive,and that once she is spayed she will be fine.

I have a few dogs who can not drink alot of water or you will be wearing it.Yuck!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts