Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend here in springfield mo. named shovelhead steve and his rottweler Daddy's little girl aka Sissy i relised has been around quite a while.

It wasn't until steve said "it's her 15th birthday, "that i understood that i was aroundthe oldest rottweiler in the world.Steve didn't know until i told him that it was very old for a rotty. he has her papers to prove it and she looks good to.

Anybody know one older than that?

·
Registered
366 Posts
My husband's childhood Rottie, Jordan, was 14 when she passed. Our breeder was shocked to hear about that, so I'm guessing 15 could be the oldest. I've always heard they only lived 9-11 years. Is that true? If so, anyone knowwhy?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Wow, fifteen is old. What a gift, to have one that long. Mine was Eleven when she was put down. I guess I could've kept her alive for me, but I hated seeing her suffering..

·
Registered
152 Posts
I know several who were 14. The oldest that I know of was 16. For the life of me I cannot remember that dogs name, but for the vets who have been hanging around the boards for a long time, they should remember this dog.

My rescue gal Athena is pushing 13 with few signs of slowing down. She acts all crotchety until the dog cookie comes out and then she'd put Carl Owens to shame.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our Rottie, Mercedes Black Rock (Cede),was born 8/28/1991 and she is still with us. Unfortunately she was just diagnosed with osteosarcoma which has also spread to her lungs. We are very blessed to have her as long as we have (15 1/2 years), but we are currently faced with the reality that we will have to put her down soon.

She passed away last night so that decision was made for us.

·
Registered
35 Posts
srjimmerson said:
Our Rottie, Mercedes Black Rock (Cede),was born 8/28/1991 and she is still with us. Unfortunately she was just diagnosed with osteosarcoma which has also spread to her lungs. We are very blessed to have her as long as we have (15 1/2 years), but we are currently faced with the reality that we will have to put her down soon.

She passed away last night so that decision was made for us.
I'm so very sorry to hear that. You gave her the best 15 years she could have ever had.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Our oldest male, Rucus, is going to be 11 in June. He has no health problems whatsoever. If it wasn't for the gray on his chin you would never know how old he was. Hopefully he will be around as long as some of these dogs on here. He still plays ball for hours at a time and we go for long walks all the time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My boy..

I sadly lost my gorgeous Bear last Friday aged 16 years and 9 months.. He would have been 17 in September.. I am just devastated.. He was never neutered, lived a full life and will never be forgotten..

image.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts