Rottweilers Online Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,927 Posts
She's a lovely looking girl.:) I had one that lived for 12 1/2 years and my other 11 1/2 years. They never live long enough.:(
Is it possible for you to clip her back feet nails and those rear dew claws? The dew claws look like they may be entering her foot pad. It will also help her get around if her nails are trimmed in the back. As they get older, their nails seem to grow at a greater pace...plus they don't walk as much to wear them down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
She's a lovely looking girl.:) I had one that lived for 12 1/2 years and my other 11 1/2 years. They never live long enough.:(
Is it possible for you to clip her back feet nails and those rear dew claws? The dew claws look like they may be entering her foot pad. It will also help her get around if her nails are trimmed in the back. As they get older, their nails seem to grow at a greater pace...plus they don't walk as much to wear them down.
my dad cut her nails after taking the picture, she can walk very well now

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a friend here in springfield mo. named shovelhead steve and his rottweler Daddy's little girl aka Sissy i relised has been around quite a while.

It wasn't until steve said "it's her 15th birthday, "that i understood that i was aroundthe oldest rottweiler in the world.Steve didn't know until i told him that it was very old for a rotty. he has her papers to prove it and she looks good to.

Anybody know one older than that?
hi I lost my boy in March this year aged 18 years old, I believe he was the oldest rottie in the world, I am trying to get him recognised on Google as the oldest rottie. His instagram page is Dodge.oldboy please feel free to check it out I still have 2 rotties they are the best

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss. If I may ask, what did you feed him? Are there any secrets to promoting a long life that you could share?
hi He was fed on raw food plus a very good quality kibble too, twice a day. For the last 4 years of his life he suffered incontinence so he wore nappies that I changed about 3 times a day, I did not use the dog nappies but I used human nappies mens size and fitted them around him. I allowed him to literally do what he wanted, if he wanted to sleep, if he wanted to go for short walk, he lived the perfect retired life and in the end it was pure old age that took him...I think about him every day, I had a tattoo of his name on my wrist and his ashes in a necklace around my neck, he was the perfect rottie. I am hoping one day when you type in oldest rottie in the world his name will come up, that is my aim, love your rotties they truly are the best breed

21 - 28 of 28 Posts