Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No place like home !

Just thought I'd tell you a little about my experience at another Rottweiler site. Won't mention the site by name but to some of you " Tango " may ring a bell. I go to this site pretty regularly and every now and then I start a thread. THEY GO AWAY over there, NEVER have I started a thread that was offensive in any way, never bad mouthed anyone but they just get deleted or edited. I am so sick of the crap over there that from now on I'm staying right here with the " FRIENDLY PEOPLE " in the Rottweiler world. Today was the last straw. I started a thread and asked for trainng help in NY. I said that you can leave a reply there or PM me but that I couldn't return a PM for some reason. ( they won't allow me to PM anyone ). I go back an hour later to see if I have any replies and the whole thread is GONE ! Sooooooo, I decide to say good bye. I started a new thread see below ...

HOW DO YOU ASK FOR TRAINING HELP ?

I need some help training a dog. I started a post and asked for some help in NY and it " went away "
. I consider myself a good member here. I have three Rottweilers, two of them rescues. I visit sites in Australia and the UK ( none of them near NY ) and I can ask anything I want and pretty much post anything I want as long as it is offensive to someone. I just don't understand this place at all, honestly ! I don't talk bad about anyone here. I don't start arguments. And as you can see by my " Poor Rottweiler puppy " thread I do nothing but try to help this breed and dogs in general.

Sorry I don't fit in here ! Thanks to those who have replied to my threads in the past. Take care !

I hang around for a couple of minutes to see what happens and the thread " GOES AWAY ' !!! All of a sudden my original post is back but edited beyond belief.

I AM SO HAPPY TO HAVE THIS SITE !

Edit- Oooops ... forgot we have a member here named Mr Tango. Just want to make it clear that they are NOT the same people

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
there is another site too that does the same thing or makes new people with questions look dumb.I also have had threads dissapear.

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
seems there ALL jerks ..... too many know it alls

thank god .... none of them come here

been to many rottweiler site and have DELETED them all

here all you got to put up with is ME

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think that is really irresponsible for a website to be run like that.. Isn't there rules about courtesy and respectfrom those who are in cahrge, not just full of power? You only want to connect with other pup lovers and learn from these great breeds.

I joined the GSD forum that you mention 2bad earlier this month. I enjoy seeing alot of info about German Shepherds. However, so far I have not had much luck getting replies to my questions. When I introduced myself as a new member I only got 3 welcomes.

So Zeus is now a Rottie Shepherd (Or Rotten Shepherd)!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The site isn't very busy and I can see why. Guess everyone is affraid to post knowing that Admin will take their post away anyways. I should have know enough to stay away from there when it took a couple of months for them to " EXCEPT " me as a user and send me the okay to enter the site. Oh well, live and learn

·
Registered
144 Posts
BTW, What type of training are you looking for? Is it conformation classes for your girl?

Depending on where your located in NY, it can sometimes be difficult to find a reasonable andlocal class. My girlfriend had this sameproblem, eventually going to a handler. I do knowsome handlers, in case your going that route. They canwork and condition your dogfor you, if they know you'll use them asthe mainhandler for the shows.

As far as other Internet sites go, one can receive pros/cons from them all, if used correctly. For those of us that join anything that might interests us, we've all been there!Most people have the same general complaints, including myself, at-times.

I've had some"Doozies"over the years,that have involved me personally, that needed to be stopped immediately by me. Mostly from people that don't know anything about me,thatdo want to bevery controlling over my own personal familylife and choices, also those that haveused my copyright material and used it without permission, includingthose accusing me or my family of some specific act that was not true because they didn't have any real evidence/facts. When asked specific questions,they folded, showing their true purpose for their responses -"Flaming".Basically people known as: "Gossip-Mongrels" looking to start something about anything just for their own kicks! People just have way too much time on their hands!!!

Most postsdon't seem to have anysubstance (meat to the topic)with actual facts, that can still be an open discussion for members,while staying on the original topic, andwithout any type of"Flaming". Only a handful of members seem to be able to do this on any site, and I give them a great deal of credit for being able to do so!

It's difficult as a siteowner to choose what should/shouldn't be posted, so long as it doesn't break any laws. People do get extremely upset, especially when it's their post being edited/deleted and they're looking for answers. Furthermore, anyone can get upset on a site about anything and it's totally understandable simplybecause we are humans on the other side of that screen. Communication thru the Internet is not the same as in person.

Personally, I'vehad posts completely removed or edited, some of which were actual articles that I wrote, not questions or a reply to another member. I didn't understand why, but I respected the site owners decision, because I know using their site is just a privilege and nothing more.

It's totally up to the owner/moderators to decide how they run their own site and it's hopefully done so without any type of bias. It's also totally up to the members of the site to choose to post/not post andjoin/not join.

Since I'm also a list owner of several sites, Iknow personally thatit's very difficult to run one,while keeping most of the core/backbone members,and still find time forupdates/maintenance/bandwith issues of the site. Themembers that contribute to most of the postings, whileusing theirvalued experiences and extensive correct knowledge, arepriceless membersthat become mentors. Any list member hates to loose these people, even if they seem to get "Testy" or seem "Cold" with their responses. This is usually known as the "Old-Timer" syndrome. They've heard and done everything "X" amount of times, they get tired of repeating themselves, and would likemembers to read/search the archives for the answers on their own, but are still willing to answer questions, yet again.So long as they don't go over the line of "Flaming" with some type of personal judgment/blame andactually stick to the originalcontext of thethread, most of their replies are ignored (honor code)because they haveusually become reliable over the years. Someof these members eventually become moderators, helping out the site owner, making the same decisions as the owner does. Once in awhile they also need to be put in their "Places", sort-of-speak, but the majority of the time, they mean no harm, and can be easily misunderstood.

Unfortunately, people take all this as being rude and "Know-it-alls", when in fact, they are trying hard to notbe too personable, which could later be understood as "Flaming". Besides, everyone has their own ideas of what "Flaming", or anything for that matter, truly is. People dohave many differentopinions andpersonalities, coming from different generations, beliefs,and backgrounds. Which is what makes a site owner go crazy, weeding everything out! I always use the famous quote that our late President Abraham Lincoln is known for andtell everyone totake everything with a "Grain-of-Salt". People do understand this, anyone that really knows what life is truly about,and it tends to calm down the member's after-wards, for a little while, at-least.

As we all know from being on these types of sites, most the time, the following is the protocol: If there are complaints filed by other members about a specific post or member, itshould be looked into by the owner/moderator. If the member has been warned about the subject material, and they continue to post in the same manner, then they are usually monitored very closely, with all their posts being reviewed and editedbefore approved. Eventually, the member is removed/banned completely, if it continues. The job isn't fun, but someone's got to do it, to keep these sites going!

Anyways, I'm really sorry for your response, on the other site,but hopefully somewhere someone will be able to help you.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your reply. I know you are over there and I'm sure you see what happens. As far as i'm concerned there was NO REASON to edit my thread for any reason. I simply asked to be contacted by a reply left there OR a PM which would be fine with me. The only problem is that I would never be able to reply to a PM because I guess I'm not good enough to have that available to me. I FIGURED it better to PM me a name of someone who could possibly help rather than post it in public. First of all, it takes care of anyone saying " Oh that guy doesn't know anything " or " that person charges way too much for lessons ". Let me find that out for myself , in a private way. I have " heard " that it isn't good to mention people names over there BUT if you read that training forum people in every state ask for help and there is always someone saying contact this person or that person.

Truth is... I figured that the way I posted it someone would contact me if they were interested in taking on a challenge. Maybe TrinityRun because they are here in NY and only about an hour away. I thought better to give them an oppertunity to contact me if they were interested instead of me BOTHERING them if they were too busy or just not interested.

All I know is that I will never post over there again. Shame too because there are some pretty smart people there but I don't need a babysitter. I have 7000 posts on my Bronco site without any issues and we don't even have a moderator over there. The worst part about the whole thing is the fact that Tango can PM me and tell me they moved or edited a post but I can't even reply back to Tango.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thank you for clarifying more, so I could figure out which forum you were talking about, I really had no idea.

If so,yes, I am a member of that forum, if that's really important for everyone to know.It's interesting you knew I was over there, too, and for you too bring that up.Anyways, I onlyfrequent it about maybe onceevery othermonth, or so,and my posts are far in between. When I first joined, it didn'tappear to bea high-volume forum, with a great deal of subject matter, but I could be wrong. As far as, PM, I don't have that privilege either on that forum, and never bothered to ask why. I'm not there enough too care, if I do.However, because of your situation, I now understand totally why you would want to PM,and I would have done the same.

Honestly, I don't know much about that forum, or it's comings/goings, so I cannot add anythingto what you are saying, on that issue. In fact, I don't pay that much attention on any forum, unless it involves myself, or lists that I own that need monitoring,and I'm not one to watch who's who, where! Especially when I don't ever get into chat rooms. Usually, in any forum, I just post to a thread here and there that is an interesting conversation, too me.It doesn't matter who theauthor is - that's not the reason why I comment.I don't keep track of allthat stuff, and I don't know who could! Only a slim few of the high-volume posters/mentors - that are known as long time breeders -most all breed people know them, in some way, ifthey'vebeen involvedin the breed, for several years. Otherwise, people do appear to come and go in this breed, like the wind.

Anyways, I'm sorry that your post happened in such a manner, and I nowunderstand your disappointment. I'm just trying to say, that as a member of a site, we only have certainprivileges.The owners can do as they wish, anytime they feel like it, anddifferent owners, sometimeshave, a different set of rules.I'vebeen involved witha great deal of issues,over the years on Internet sites, and that's why I said, what I did.I do recallmany peoplebringing upthe same type of complaints, on different sites, even on lists that I own, andthis is whyowners do eventually loose people! It's difficult to make everyone happy!!!

Because I say these things, it doesn't mean that I'm taking any sides, in this matter... All I wanted to do is try,in some way,toreach out and comfort your situation, by saying it does happen to us all.... and hopefullylend you a hand,so you couldfind that help, for your training. I'm always interestedwhen people want to do fun things with their dogs, hence, the whole reason why I posted. Besides, I only know what you've said on here, what happened.I have no idea what reallyhappened, in that other forum, prior to this conversation, andI'm trulysorry for your situation.I really canunderstand your frustration, of wanting to get help, I've been there myself, and we all have at one point or another!

As far as the other member of that forum, that you brought up, I know nothing about that person.I'm sorry you couldn't reach them directly. Maybe you can some other way. If I had PM privileges in that forum, or knew that person directly, I'd send your message to that person, for you, with contact information.Maybe someone can do that for you, who knows this person?

If youeverwant to know about specific handlers, that I'm awareof, I would onlyPM.I wouldn'tdissolve that type of information inside apublic forum, I don't do that sort of thing. Ido respect people's privacy. Another member recently asked me about breeders, in this forum, and I gave them contacts only thru PM.I didn't discuss issues about the breeders, I feel that's up to the individual to do their own research!

Maybe someone knows the owner to that forum, you're talking about? Then, if youdo find out,maybe you could e-mailthem your concerns, get someclarificationabout this matter,and maybe something good could still come from it.But who knows until you reach that person??? I wish you the best of luck!!!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vonstallog said:
Thank you for clarifying more, so I could figure out which forum you were talking about, I really had no idea.

If so,yes, I am a member of that forum, if that's really important for everyone to know.It's interesting you knew I was over there, too, and for you too bring that up.

Hello again. I know you are a member there because there are not a lot of people who go out of their way to post useful information. I have read things there that I have also read here and figured you were the same person. It is NOT a big deal that you go to both sites, thats the way it should be for everyone. I KNOW for a fact that it doesn't matter to me or anyone here on this site how many sites you visit. Sorry if I sounded like I was holding it against you for going there, that isn't how it was supposed to come out.

I am member 2bad here but over there my username is yenohdab2 ! The username was kinda a joke between two friends when we joined there. She is one of those women who calls you hon , you probably have heard that before. So, I chose that name and it was pretty funny because it means in reverse ... 2badhoney

I started this thread and up above in my very first post included a thread I started. The one that says " How do you ask for training help here ? " . If you go over there and look for that thread... you will never find it. WHY ? Is that really offensive ?

I'm not trying to ask anyone to choose sides. This is my problem. Sorry if I dragged you into it. BUT, I don't hold it against you that you go there. You have valuable information and it should be posted on as many sites as possible.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not me just so you know... but i signed up there and never really posted. They scared me a bit. Actually i think i posted one time and that was it before i read some threads.

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
WOW

this " other " site sure has everybody all wound up huh .....

i think i gonna join up .... then i can offend someone there

like on the aussie sites
..... maybe leave some posts and

breeze on out like the wind .....

I also think i am gonna wait for the movie on this thread .....

you people trying to write a book on the subject ....

all this stuff should be over " there " where it matters .....

i know the internet is a BIG place ..... BUT ..... there are a few

members from here that can tell you .... eventualy you run out of

sites to interupt ......

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dan, first of all, nobody is interupting anything over there. Nobody is doing anything over there. The site just isn't run like this one. If I come here and ask where can I find training help in NY , people will read it and someone will answer with a suggestion. Over there I asked for some help and moderator edited it. Then I wrote another thread and she deleted it. I didn't critisize anyone, didn't offend anyone, didn't start anything. Just asked for some training help. AND, the thing is ... I asked them to private message me so we wouldn't be talking business out in public. I didn't want to name names at all, I just wanted help. She runs the site her way, she should ... it is her site. BUT, why delete something like that and then allow BASHING of breeders there ?

Our new member xari got a pup with a eye problem. She mentioned it and multipul members were telling her that woman is no good, they wouldn't buy a hamster from that woman, she robbed a lot of people, etc. WHY leave stuff like that for everyone to read and edit my post because I asked for training help ? BECAUSE everyone is not treated the same over there, thats why.

I came here and started this thread just to say that this place is great, we don't have problems like that over here. IF I could start a thread over there and say anything at all about the site or my problem.... MODERATOR TANGO would make it go away before anyone even got a chance to read it. I am not a trouble maker at all. I get along just fine on that Australian site and Dizzy's site as well.

I am now done with this subject !

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL, you so crazy

Man, I come and go all day and night. This site is kinda strange. I have told other members in the past that if i come here and I DON'T click refresh as soon as I get here, sometimes it looks like nobody home and sometimes it looks like we have 5 or 6 people and we really don't have any
. I know it happens to more than just me. Don't you think it is kinda funny when someone says something in chat but the person they are chatting with has been gone for ten minutes.

What happens with me is if i go away and come back in two hours or two minutes... when I get here it is the same page as when I left. Same posts on top, same people still listed as being here even though they are long gone. Every now and then I forget to click refresh as soon as I get here. I have left posts for Jess in the past telling her the same thing but maybe I don't make it clear.

I'm not avoiding anybody
, I love to chat with whoever is here. I even chat with people who are not here at times

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is a quote from a post to member xarimylov from a week or two ago....

Well, we are glad you found this site too
. Member rottnbul is a older woman too. You will get the hang of it ! Just remember this... every now and then when you get here click refresh. Sometimes it seems the site doesn't change from when I go away to when I come back. When I get here it says maybe one or two people but if I click refresh there is realy six people here or maybe nobody.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well I wish I knew what bloody site you lot are on about!!!! Somebody PM me the name!!!!

That happened to me on Dizzys site, in all fairness Dizzy apologised but it was one of the modorators that changed my post and with the onslaught that happened next I couldnt go back, crying shame would have been nice to meet some pats like meself

1 - 18 of 18 Posts