Rottweilers Online Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
First of four trick sessions last night - total blast, the trainer is great, and since there are only two other people in the class, she was able to focus on us quite a bit. Even if it was through a computer.

She was also impressed at Agis's jumping 'touches' (we used to shape 'paws up', well, not jumping ones, but while we were warming up).

·
Super Moderator
1,262 Posts
So glad to hear that you and Agis had fun!! You will have to tell us the new tricks he learns!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I will try to film a video when we're done showing off his new skills!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Here's a video of week 3's tricks. We missed class with a migraine, so given that I didn't have the instructor to help trouble shoot, I'm pretty pleased. Of course, during the day when we practised (without treats) everything was snappy and responsive, and he was holding the bow. Have Toby come home and film...not so much. Typical, ha!

http://instagr.am/p/CLnOkdPHX2H/

·
Super Moderator
1,262 Posts
Very good for both Agis and you!!! Next time...get the other two out of the way....it helps to have them not involved,,,lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I figure they're a good distraction haha! They're around when we train during the day, and he does better. But he was VERY excited when Toby came home, and this was 15 minutes after, tops. I think he was still all jazzed and unfocused.

I do put them up sometimes if we're working on 'leave it' with food, for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Agis graduated from Tricks Class tonight! We learned crawl (as well as play dead) and he picked up on crawl especially very quickly.

Tomorrow we begin Foundations 2 obedience!

·
Super Moderator
1,262 Posts
Congratulations!!! Hopefully real classes will start back soon? Good luck with your next set of classes.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
It'd be nice if they do...but I'm not counting on it. For now, the other two (and one of the cats, honing in on treats) will have to do as distractions.

Toronto's numbers don't seem to be going down. Toby got called back to work to prepare the store...but I don't think it'll be opening for awhile. I think he'll be laid off again :( Anyways, just to say with Toronto's numbers holding steady where they are I think it'll be awhile before in-person classes.

·
Super Moderator
1,262 Posts
Honestly, I'm so sick of hearing the doom and gloom and about the variant. I think we are on the way up now...the vaccine is starting to help the people that needed it the most (nursing homes, front line workers,etc.)....How many deaths are there now? How many are hospitalized??? Very few.... My daughter and her husband that live in a smaller town in Georgia...in their early 40's have already had both their vaccines...they are done!! Ontario is such a mess....still trying to figure things out. They had months to get it done...even if the vaccine was not available...get organized!!! GRRR...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I know, I find the vaccine roll out frustrating - it's good pretty well all nursing homes are done, and a lot of front line workers, so there's that. We're not predicted to get our vaccines until the late summer though which seems incredible when I talk to American friends who have already got it.

I just think Toronto will stay virtual for awhile because our numbers are hovering around the levels they were at when the city asked to be left under stay-at-home. Maybe they'll have a change of heart, of course.

I really am over being stuck here though.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts