The Rottweiler is not only one of the most easily identifiable dog breeds, but it is also one of the largest. With adult males reaching a maximum weigh of 130 pounds or more, the Rottweiler is definitely not a delicate breed. These powerful, muscular dogs sometimes do not know their own strength and they can complete tear apart a regular dog toy. If you are looking for a dog toy that can keep up with your Rottweiler, consider one of the options below.
Top-Rated Dog Toys for Rottweilers
The key to finding a toy that your Rottweiler won’t destroy immediately is choosing something that is made with durable materials and designed to withstand some rough handling. Below you will find a list of the top 7 recommended toys for Rottweilers:
1. The Varsity Ball: If you want a toy that your Rottweiler will enjoy with or without you, the Varsity Ball is a great option. This large ball is 110% guaranteed indestructible and your Rottweiler will absolutely love it. This ball stimulates the dog’s natural play drive and herding instinct as well and it will keep him busy all day long.
2. The Bullibone: The Bullibone is the ideal combination of fun and functional. This chew toy is made from super tough nylon in an easy-hold design, plus it is flavored with beef, bacon, or peanut butter to make it irresistible to your Rottweiler. This bone is textured to relieve your dog’s chewing needs while also promoting dental hygiene.
3. The Jolly Pets Tug-n-Toss: Every Rottweiler loves a game of fetch and the Tug-n-Toss toy is the best thing to play with. This toy doesn’t need to be inflated and it is made from durable materials that will stand up under your dog’s teeth. Toss it in the air, bound it off the ground, or let your dog drag it around.
4. The Bionic Urban Stick: For a chew toy that even your Rottweiler can’t destroy, try the Bionic Urban Stick. This toy comes in five different sizes and it can float on water and stand up to a lot of tough chewing. As an added bonus, it is dishwasher-safe and easy to clean!
5. The Tuggo Weighted Exercise Toy:Some Rottweilers seem to have boundless energy but the Tuggo Weighted Exercise Toy is a fair match. This indestructible weighted ball can be filled with water or sand to make it as heavy or light as you like. It features a big red ball and a sturdy rope so your dog can chew, drag, pull, and tug all day long.
6. The Puller Interactive Dog Toy: If your Rottweiler enjoys a game of tug-of-war, the Puller interactive ring is the perfect toy for him. This toy measures 11 inches in diameter which makes it the perfect size for your Rottweiler and it is made from non-toxic nearly indestructible materials so you and your dog can play all day long.
7. The Kong Extreme Rubber Toy: When it comes to durable dog toys, Kong is the name to trust and the Kong Extreme rubber dog toy is the best of the best. Not only is this toy made from an ultra-durable, ultra-strong black rubber compound but it is also hollow which means you can stuff it with your Rottweiler’s favorite treats to turn it into an interactive toy. The toy also bounces which makes it great for a game of fetch!
Each dog is an individual so your Rottweiler might like some of the toys reviewed above and he might not. Your best bet is to purchase a few different types to see what your dog likes – then you can replenish those specific toys as needed. You should always keep a few extras on hand for when your Rottweiler inevitably tears one apart!
Photo credit: Morele/Bigstock.com