Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Max loves toys. He is destroys all his toys usually in less than a week. He picks them apart and he swallows pieces and it worries me when he does but he always turns out OK. I am looking for good toy recommendations for a Rottweiler that can break through a thick as plastic rubber you name it destroy it. I enjoy watching him play with toys he is so joyful.
Toy recommendations please.

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
Most things made by Kong usually last a long time. I would not allow him to be chewing toys. Toys are made to be played with...and he should be supervised. Get him stuff to chew that is safe like Beef Cheeks or Bully sticks or deer antlers, or Benebones,etc. Have you tried Jolly Balls? The hard ones?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most things made by Kong usually last a long time. I would not allow him to be chewing toys. Toys are made to be played with...and he should be supervised. Get him stuff to chew that is safe like Beef Cheeks or Bully sticks or deer antlers, or Benebones,etc. Have you tried Jolly Balls? The hard ones?
Thank you for the good advice. We do have kong toys for him. The ones with the ball inside are his favorites. He does start taking apart but they usually last about a month which I am satisfied with. He has a Nylabones which he does occasionally take out and play with. I just bought the benabone based on your advice. Thank you for responding.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Toy Ball Nail Personal protective equipment Audio equipment

Our Stella is an avid, aggressive chewer as probably most Rotties. As to play toys, I found these:
"Hartz Dura Play"
When you see them and feel them you will think???? What the heck is he talking about????

Stella has collected about 12 of these over the years. And the very first one has not been damaged! And she chews on them. So you can play ball with Max and if he keeps one he will not destroy it.
You can get them at Walmart and Amazon.

Picture is of a 2 week old NylaBone and a Dura Play that is several years old.

Good Luck!
Toy Ball Nail Personal protective equipment Audio equipment

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
View attachment 19464

Our Stella is an avid, aggressive chewer as probably most Rotties. As to play toys, I found these:
"Hartz Dura Play"
When you see them and feel them you will think???? What the heck is he talking about????

Stella has collected about 12 of these over the years. And the very first one has not been damaged! And she chews on them. So you can play ball with Max and if he keeps one he will not destroy it.
You can get them at Walmart and Amazon.

Picture is of a 2 week old NylaBone and a Dura Play that is several years old.

Good Luck!
View attachment 19464
Thank you I’ve never seen this before on Amazon. I will buy it now. Also I discovered a toy on Amazon called Pet Safe I bought them and it really does last on time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts