Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Laila has been amazing over the last couple of months. A week or so after bringing her home I taught her to give a paw. She took about 3 days to be consistent, but learnt to sit at the same time. She also decided she liked this learning lark and lie down, play dead, high five, and many other behaviours came in quick succession. Even stay was relatively easy. although it was taught in very small increments.
All this while she was also learning English, her previous language being portuguese. We are working on recall at the moment, though I know she will take a while to be reliable. It helps that she loves food.
So. now I need to carry on teaching her and am stuck. What next?

·
Super Moderator
1,320 Posts
Sounds like you are doing really well! How old is Laila ? It's wonderful to see them enjoy learning, and want to learn more.
Take a look at this website :Title Rules & Application Forms, Do More With Your Dog! Click on 'Trick Dog' that may give you more stuff to learn. Also do a google search for CGC or CGN and see if you could pass all of the steps to get your dog through a test.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is almost 8 months, still very young, but I am sure her breeder, who had her til 5 ish months of age gave her a good start. I discovered pretty quickly that she understood No in portugese and the wagging finger that accompanies it.

I have had help too. Bradley, 8yrs is qyite willing to show Laila what I want and she often tajes cues from him. He almost taught her Head Down single handedly. I just provided the treats. Thank you for information and link to website, I will definitely take a look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts