Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Apollo and I go for a walk three times a day, and we are slowly increasing the size of the area we walk in. Apollo will be 15 wks this weekend, and I have to admit he is a fairly good sized pup already. What burns me up is people see us coming and pull their children off the sidewalk like he's gonna tear them limb from limb butif the kids are by theirselves they come up and pet him. Even tho he's justa baby they automatically assume he's a monster who wants to eat their children just because he is a rottweiler!
I have had a couple of people even ask me if I'm not afraid he will eventually attack my children or someone else. The ignorance of these people infuriates me. Apollo is just a big baby who loves everyone, and wants to be petted by everyone. People who have dogs (but a different breed) even talk about how bad rottweilers are, dont tell me they dont know someone or have seen someone(who has a dog of the same breed as theirs)who they think their dog if trained properly would be a good pet but through neglect isnt the pet if could be. Common sense should tell them that applies to all breeds!</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
599 Posts
You are not alone. I have been having the same problem. Funny thing is, I walked the same path by myself and the people still ran away. Must be my ugly mug eh? LOL At 6 months old and 80 pounds, Max is very gentle. The people in my area already know him well and love him. But yes at 1st they did not like him. Just takes time.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I get that crap all the time. I just love it when I get the opportunity to show my "monster" off while he is playing with a bunch of kids.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
This has happened to everyone with big dogs.and it will continue to happen.I just don't pay any attention to them anymore.We are out walking and having fun.If they ask a question I stop and talk if not I'm just walking.

Donna

·
Registered
387 Posts
I get th at here too. The kids around here know if I am home they can play with the dogs other wise leave them alone. It's the parents that are have the heart attack as there kids walk up and pet and play with the dogs. One little boys is always going "look mom he don't bite can I have one please". I have to laugh with the look she gets on her face.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I get the same looks from people who haven't seen my dogs before , but people who know us know they can walk up and pet them ....I even had people come up and start petting them then ask what kind of dog is that ? and I say a rottweiler then they stand back and get that look
it just kills me ....now when we walk all four I really get the looks from people who don't know us ! ( usally people that are in cars passing by ) The funny thing is when kids ask whats you doggies name and I say Kitty
and I say I know it's a funny name for a dog huh
they still look a bit confused though
LOL

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I had one lady who came up to him and started petting him and asked me what kind of puppy he was-as soon as I said rottweiler, she yanked her hand back like she thought he might take it off or something. </BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yeah you'll get stupid, uneducated (about the breed) people like that no matter where ya go!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yeah all I can really do is ignore them, they have to figure it out for themselves.</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had a guy tell me do to Dallas being so sweet there was no way she was fullblooded. I explained to him she was and I can prove it. Needless to say I have not seen the guy sense. Can't figure out why either.
Do you think it was something I said?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hmmmmmm, I wonder....could of been!

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
Well Sampson just turned 142
weeks old this last weekend .....
And it only gets worse ..... "
ignorance " about Rottweilers ....
However I am doing my part to
make people see how gentle one
rotwweiler can be ... I am
changing peoples minds one bar
room at a time .... Its the
dog park where i see the ignorance
....... people will leave when a
rottweiler shows up .... But I
wont see any of that for a
few months till this HEAT goes
away ..... I dont think theres
anything we can do ....... "
ROTTS RULE "

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Dan I hope your having a cocktail for me at these places .....
rum and coke please

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I hate when people who have babies do that ...tell ya how old their kid is in weeks or months .....just say how old they are !!! but Dan that was to funny ...made me have to sifer...
2 yrs 7 months ...

·
Registered
914 Posts
hahaha that's a good one!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Dallas will soon be 22 months old.
Or a year and ten months old. Blu is 16 months old or a year and four months old. To me there are my big babys regaudless of their age.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.