Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<DIV>forwarded from Pam Grant...ARC Pres.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I am forwarding these messages from Lew Olson and Tina Church to update you on the situation in the Lamar/Dixon holding facility in Gonzales. ARC has been able to recover nearly 100 Rottweilers from this facility over the past weeks. This will be our last run for the dogs that came in this past weekend. We are nearing saturation point for our volunteers, fosters, transporters and funding.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>But our need TODAY is the loan of a covered stock trailer, or preferably an airconditioned box truck to go get this last group of 10 dogs for transport north. Tina Church will make the drive and has a truck to pull a trailer with if a selfcontained truck cannot be found in time.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>CAN YOU HELP? Call Tina Church directly (262-593-2324) and send an email to me if you can, please.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Wish I had a big truck. My local shelter ( Mohawk Hudson River Humane Society ) just sent supplies and 40 volenteers down there yesterday. I'm not sure where they are going.

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
i saw today on the news ...... what looked like a black and tan dog

stuck in a water plant and then when they tried to get it he swam off never to be seen again ....

SAD whats going on there ....

Last year when charlie hit here i would never of thought of leaving MY rottweiler and saving my own butt ...

we were together ( tied together ) .......

those people should NEVER get those animals back .....

·
Registered
387 Posts
We joined SSRR (southern states rottweiler rescue) we are still waiting to hear back from them. We will be foster parents and do inspections for adoptions. I'm not sure if they have gottin involved with the relief effort in N.O yet, but we did see where they where takin up donations to help down there. Will let everyone know as we find out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.