Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend a vitamin/supplement that helps to keep/enhance the burnt red color of the rottie. My rottie currently has excellent coloring but someone mentioned that as they get older the red color can start to fade...mentioned there was something I could give them to maintain the color but I can't remember what it was.

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! Honestly, if you are feeding an excellent food, you really should not need to be adding any vitamins to keep the dogs coloring good. How old is your dog?? Sometimes with age, as they get grey around the muzzle and eyes...the color does fade a bit. That would be in an elderly, senior dog. No vitamins will help that.
You can start glucosamine/chondroitin with a middle aged dog, along with fish oil...those supplements help with joint and mobility problems. Kelp supplements also help with keeping the thyroid gland working properly as they age...and helps to keep coat color and gum color strong.

A young healthy dog needs a meat based diet, with some added fruits and veggies at your discretion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts