Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sort of noises does everyone dogs make? Agis is a mix so I'm curious how much of his vocalizations match up with PB Rotties or not.

He barks in excitement (when we come home, when the dogs go out, lately, when I give him the place command - THAT I could do without), whines occasionally - and, when he's really excited (going outside) he sort of yodels (an imprecise description). I've never had a dog do the yodelling. It's super cute.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That's Agis too @mrcln - he does that as well as the 'yodelling'. I do think he's got a bit of husky in him!

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is such a thing as "rottie talk". Its a grumble but excited.
When my 2 young girls were pups, we had a lot of wild fires, so they have what we call a "snort". They can turn it on and off, so it's not that they need a vet trip. It was something they learned to do, we're guessing' because of all the thick heavy smoke that was in our area at the time.
Some Rotts talk a lot, others hard make any sounds at all.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is such a thing as "rottie talk". Its a grumble but excited.
When my 2 young girls were pups, we had a lot of wild fires, so they have what we call a "snort". They can turn it on and off, so it's not that they need a vet trip. It was something they learned to do, we're guessing' because of all the thick heavy smoke that was in our area at the time.
Some Rotts talk a lot, others hard make any sounds at all.
That's a bit like his yodelling I think, excited grumbles. That's neat it's a Rottie thing!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a Rotti/Staffi cross and he makes the yodel noise. Usually when he is excited about going outside. Not sure what your guy is mixed with but I’ve often wondered which breed Norton gets that noise from.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We honestly don't know his mix. We adopted him as a German Shepherd/Rottie cross, but while he looks fairly similar to a miniature Rottie, he doesn't look anything like a GSD. He's smaller than both breeds - 52, 53lbs at 20 odd months - and came from Northern Manitoba initially so we really don't know what else was in there. We got him at 13.5 weeks old and there's not a great paper trail. We initially thought he came from another city in Ontario (that turned out to be a stop along the way to Toronto).

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is my brothers Rottweiler Ollie
He is a rescue, cant say for certain but seems predominantly Rott. Thought id share this, he makes a weird snort sound while guarding/watching people passing the house. Dont know if its similar to anything you guys experience

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Darn - I would've like to see it. I should try to get video of Agis I guess.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah sorry i tried a couple of times. Its like a deep snort and rumble like a pig lol
Ha! That's great.

Agis is kind of a high pitched whooing mixed with grumbles. It's hard to describe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Vader makes mad noises too, especially when playing and getting excited - nearly like a high pitched growl 😂

·
Registered
33 Posts
Managed to catch a bit of it today.. it can get louder and longer!
Ha yes Ralph does this when hes chewing a toy or my hand lol its just when hes playful or excited and they can be vocal. The rumble is more of a purr and a deep growl mixed together, its hard to explian

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice...Agis's is similar, but it's higher pitched, and has more length to the notes, hence the yodelling. I will try to catch it. He mostly does it when he knows he's going out and is HYPED up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice...Agis's is similar, but it's higher pitched, and has more length to the notes, hence the yodelling. I will try to catch it. He mostly does it when he knows he's going out and is HYPED up.
Haha yodelling
Really want to hear that:LOL:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts