Rottweilers Online Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

That is why I certify everything on my Rottweiler's that I breed. I certify the hips, elbows, eyes, heart , patella on ALL breeding pairs. I even have records of their entire ancestry being certified in their health also. In fact I have more OFA Excellent Rottweilers that I breed than most breeders in the USA. I also certify more than most breeders here in the USA. Since we are dealing with genetics some fall through the cracks. The statistics with the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals are somewhat like this. If you take 2 OFA excellent dogs and breed them together you will still get a 10% chance of dysplastic dogs. It is in our breed since they are large dogs and that is what we have to face by taking a chance owning this wonderful breed. But if we all group together and educate others not to purchase from people that do not OFA then we can help increase the overall health of the Rottweiler breed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

I send out the Registrations on all my puppies that go into their new homes. The only time I do not on a timely manner is if the information from the new owners are not complete or correct that they give me. I then assist them in correcting what is missing or what they need to give me to be able to complete the registration. Like any very reputable breeder we have a system we must follow to name the puppies and since I am a registered kennel name for the AKC I name my litters according to the alphabet and then it must have Von Evman at the end of the name. I am very patient with the new owners and guide them to name their new family member to the correct name. I have been breeding for over 34 years and every single new puppy owner has received their AKC registration papers for their new family members that has provided me with all the correct information.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Evie,
If you are charging money for dogs, your breeding is a business, not a hobby. If you have a customer who had a problem that you ignore and refuse to handle, then you are subject to being complained about in forums like this one. That's what happens in the real world when you ignore customers. Deal with it. You should have contacted Ma91780 to discuss his issues with his puppy if you gave a crap about Rotties and your breeding operation's reputation, instead of contacting all of us in the forum to protest what a great breeder you are. So we are supposed to take your word for it? Right...

For my part I think most of you breeders are irresponsible if you have more than one litter per year and you do not take responsibility for the dogs that end up homeless that you have sold to losers and creeps. You are part of the overpopulation problem of Rotties that is shameful. You are making money on the pain and heartache that the overpopulation of Rotties contributes to. Go look on rescueme.org and see the amount of rescue Rotties available in your state if you don't understand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I truly understand but our breed is very popular now and would you rather I did not breed and the puppy mills and other breeders that do not certify anything on their dogs nor care about the genetics breed and sell. To get only one complaint in this many years (34 years) of breeding then I think I am doing a great job. I do not even know who this person is. I do not have any complaints with the BBB like stated. If he had a problem with the puppy my husband is a retired dog trainer for the German air Force and I am a trainer also showing and title my 4 legged children since 1983. We love to help train and teach people about our dogs and the new puppies. I even have a written booklet I give out to every one of my puppy owners and it has a detailed write-up with pictures on how to approach a dog and how children should behave around a dog. My husband even accepts that I answer my phone and text and emails during dinner, at night, during personal things we are doing since we both love our dogs and the puppies are our grandchildren. Believe me if I think any of my puppies would have any aggression or problems at the time it leaves my home I will not let it go!!! But I cannot control what people do when they get their puppy home. I try my hardest to teach and work with people especially the children. I take all responsibility for all my dogs and have had almost 100% percent of very happy owners since 1983 and I am one of the most conscientious breeders you will ever meet.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nico-import if you re-read the whole thread all the information of who, why, when and where is all there. To the OP I wish the best for you and your pup. Now that the breeder is on the board hopefully you can come to some sort of amends.

And yes Evie, the Rottweiler popularity is growing! I read the other day they are now #8 out of the top 10 of Americas most popular breed in 2016-2017. They say it's the highest jump in almost 20yrs for the breed. I'm not an expert by any means and still learning as I go and I know even less about breeding but here it goes. Because of the growing popularity of this breed YES, we do need responsible COE breeders. Ones who will follow up and check for defects to keep the lines true. That's why a good breeder is required to have their breeding dogs tested for almost everything under the sun (and I understand it is not cheap) before they pair them. It's also why a good breeder requires the pups they sell on contract to have the same tests as the parents so if there are any defects that are genetic it can caught and corrected. That's why a good breeder knows that if the dog is more of a pet than a breeder it's sold with a spay/neuter contract - so a cosmetic default does not get passed on. etc. Yes we need breeders who will stand by their warranties and be there with lifetime support so the breed doesn't get watered down, over populated and turned into these pug faced things who end up at shelters and rescues. 100% YES!

But in reality they are far and few in between. I see enough ads and fancy websites to know that the BYB's, hobby breeders and even so called COE breeders are already cashing in. There are 2 other local breeders that have a up to 2-3 litters on the ground every few months it seems. And they all seem to sell. Sure they are papered and they are importing sperm from top Serbian breeders, they come with a warranty and fancy names and all that fun stuff. 1st pick goes to the highest bid - yet they hand pick their puppies to meet the owners needs? It's conflicting and a play on words for novice owners (like I was). But at $1500 for pet quality - they are cashing in big time. They may get a few show titles on their Dam's to look good enough on paper but that's about it. So Yes - this breed will be in desperate need for true blue COE breeders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rottweiler puppy from VonEveman

Hello,

I just joined this forum per the request of many Rottweiler lovers to share my and my husbands experience and expertise to the world on my love and passion, the Rottweiler. I am the breeder that you are mentioning. Anyone is welcome to come and visit me and my 4 legged children. I am a very choosy breeder and breed the best Rottweiler's I can. I only breed one certain German bloodline that lives longer and has less genetic issues in the line. All my dogs I breed are OFA Hips, Elbows, heart, eyes and patella certified. I am a hobby breeder and own a very large Plant nursery that sells to the major grocery stores, drug stores and Disney just to name a few. My husband is a retired Dog trainer for the German military and has been training dogs since he was in his teens for the military. He is a hobby breeder of the Rottweiler's in Germany since the late 80s and as much a perfectionist in this breed as I am. I do not breed 19 females. I have them listed so everyone can see the parents, grandparents, etc. and if someone purchases a puppy from me and wants to breed then I put that dog on my website too. I am available to answer anyone questions at all times after work hours and I carry my phone with me to answer or receive texts or emails all day and night. I live on a beautiful 55 acre farm and ranch and have employees and staff living on the property to which love the Rottweiler also. They live in their homes also so all my Rottweiler's get more love and attention than most since we work and live on the property. My employees children come to play with the dogs and puppies also. Many of my dogs are service and registered therapy dogs since I have a hearing disability and my doctor prescribed that I need a service dog with me at all times. We even have Beefalos on the property which my dogs naturally know how to herd. My dogs have the best temperament and are very friendly even my IPO III Male. We are here to help train and assist with any questions people may have that own one of our 4 legged children because we love the breed so much and have so much experience with the over 34 years as a breeder.
We have gotten a puppy from Evie in the past. He was a show quality puppy. She is not an irresponsible breeder! You people are slaughtering her name unfairly. She is a caring high quality breeder. She has very top quality world class dogs that she shows. She is known all around the world. If you had a bad experience with a dog I am so sorry this happened. I do know that this is one of the best in the country and I won’t hesitate to get another dog from her. So, do your homework folks. She is is caring, loving, breeder. Her dogs are wonderful. If you can get one you consider yourself lucky!

·
Registered
145 Posts
You can come to the forum and write all these lovely things, however, I will agree with Steph King. If you breed and charge money, you are part of the business. 'Top quality, world class dog' is a very vague term, what is valued here - that the breeder reaches out, informs and acts. If the pup has dysplasia and arthritis only at 10 (!!) months, it is the breeders job to re-evaluate the whole litter and the parents, get in touch with the owner and offer assistance. Everyone has rights to complain about something they have purchased, especially if the breeder has enough time to come here and 'explain' her business and not enough time to answer the questions of a new owner that just purchased her pup.

The argument 'I better breed more so the BYB don't' is simply ridiculous. You should know that. You just sound like a back yard breeder with papered dogs. Good luck and really do hope you are an ethical breeder and you do uphold the values you claim to share.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can come to the forum and write all these lovely things, however, I will agree with Steph King. If you breed and charge money, you are part of the business. 'Top quality, world class dog' is a very vague term, what is valued here - that the breeder reaches out, informs and acts. If the pup has dysplasia and arthritis only at 10 (!!) months, it is the breeders job to re-evaluate the whole litter and the parents, get in touch with the owner and offer assistance. Everyone has rights to complain about something they have purchased, especially if the breeder has enough time to come here and 'explain' her business and not enough time to answer the questions of a new owner that just purchased her pup.

The argument 'I better breed more so the BYB don't' is simply ridiculous. You should know that. You just sound like a back yard breeder with papered dogs. Good luck and really do hope you are an ethical breeder and you do uphold the values you claim to share.
Yes I do agree with you on this 10 month old puppy! However, we bought our puppy from her in around 2007 and this is the first time I have ever heard someone say she wouldn’t respond. I have actually met someone who had an issue with a puppy and they handled the situation very professionally. So .....I can’t say if this is a one time thing. I just wanted to come on and speak to say what I know about her dogs. We have been over the moon happy with them. We have many friends who are police officers who have also bought puppies from her that are happy. Just didn’t want the thread to be all one sided, As I saw it that was what was happening.

·
Super Moderator
1,549 Posts
This thread was started 4 years ago. I'm wondering why a new member joins to give praises ? You got your pup 13 years ago...things change.
What does having police officers buying pups from this breeder have to do with anything?? Everyone is happy till there are problems with their dog...it's what the breeder does when owner's have problems. I'm sure there are many happy owners....just as there are unhappy ones. This is a high volume, commercial breeder...there are going to be problems when pups are mass produced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This thread was started 4 years ago. I'm wondering why a new member joins to give praises ? You got your pup 13 years ago...things change.
What does having police officers buying pups from this breeder have to do with anything?? Everyone is happy till there are problems with their dog...it's what the breeder does when owner's have problems. I'm sure there are many happy owners....just as there are unhappy ones. This is a high volume, commercial breeder...there are going to be problems when pups are mass produced.
I JUST lost my DOG!! I was on the internet and this came up. They asked the question. Four years ago or yesterday didn’t really matter to me. Just thought I would post a different perspective. I will get off this “one sided site” now! I thought I was offering another side to look at but clearly ya”ll don’t give a crap about that! To the owner of the puppy I sincerely hope you have gotten your situation resolved since it’s been “4Years”

·
Super Moderator
1,549 Posts
I'm sorry you lost your dog...it does hurt, and they can never live long enough for us. I thought I did give prospective....some people are happy, and some are not with their dogs. It's the way the breeder handles health problems that really matters. When old threads are started up again by a new member, it can mean that things are 'one sided'.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just an update for anyone looking I wouldn't recommend this breeder.
Thank you for this. I only joined today and introduced myself a short while ago. This is ione of the breeders I was looking at but after reading the horror story below.... I was going to travel out to see them but have now saved money. This forum is already helping me.!!!

Kind regards,

David

21 - 33 of 33 Posts