Rottweilers Online Forums banner

VP of usrc dogs used again

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  RottieLover21 
#1 ·
Unfortunately the VP and former rd have used their dogs again to give bsl camps anmo these shirts are being sold at walmart jc penny and kohls
there is a petition that has been started to have thses stores remove these shists and will be delivered to these stores once 2000 have signed it and can be found here link

See less See more
#2 ·
Many people may not realize how widespread this issue is, or how close to home it is for them.

Here are 2 links that everyone who owns a Rottweiler should remain familiar with. I would recommend a careful reading of each one.

The second link contains a list of all communities and states that have considered or enacted BSL in the USA. Sobering to say the least....http://www.animallaw.info/articles/aruslweiss2001.htm

[url]http://www.rott-n-chatter.com/rottweilers/laws/breedspecific .html[/url]

#3 ·
Here is another link to the petition http://www.petitiononline.com/us4rotts/petition.html

Everyone needs to sign it and then send the USRC a letter telling them you are very unhappy that they let their members do something like this. The USRC is supposed to do GOOD for the breed.

USRC contacts ... http://www.usrconline.org/contacts.html

Sending a letter to the VP may not do any good as it was her dogs in the photo shoot so it may be wise to send to someone else

#4 ·
Wow, that is sad and pathetic
Rebekah...those are the two sites I watch as well. The second one actually got me sending letters to the places around my state that were considering BSL...two of which I visited and spoke directly to the mayor about. It's such a pointless and sad set of laws.

#6 ·
Redyre Rotties said:
It really is, Heather. I almost can't believe that anyone would allow their dogs to be used and presented in this manner.

It is a stone cold slap in the face to so many who fight so hard against BSL so that we can try to keep the right to own this breed in the future.
Exactly...and the knife twists even harder due to those dogs being the VP of USRC's own? That makes me furious
. I would fight tooth and toenail for these dogs, then someone that is supposed to HELP this breed comes along and allows something stupid like this to happen. These laws are like an epidemic....like genocide really. All caused by incredibly irresponsible owners, yet it's something we ALL get the results of. It makes me sick...

#7 ·
I think we are nit picking here. I truly believe there are better fights out there for our breed. Trying to get a FICTIONAL T-Shirt banned( which will not happen) might seem a little over the top. I dont think some poodles would have had the same affect. Are we next going to fight the tv and movie industry? It is just a shirt.

That is just my opinion and we all have the right to it, but I truly feel that we should enforce dog laws that we have now and there would not be a need for bsl.

#8 ·
And petitions of this kind, great as they seem hold absolutaly no weight. You need true sinatures, letters and addresses. We use petitions all the time for the ADA and ones like this dont work.

#9 ·
RottieLover21 said:
Redyre Rotties said:
It really is, Heather. I almost can't believe that anyone would allow their dogs to be used and presented in this manner.

It is a stone cold slap in the face to so many who fight so hard against BSL so that we can try to keep the right to own this breed in the future.
Exactly...and the knife twists even harder due to those dogs being the VP of USRC's own? That makes me furious
. I would fight tooth and toenail for these dogs, then someone that is supposed to HELP this breed comes along and allows something stupid like this to happen. These laws are like an epidemic....like genocide really. All caused by incredibly irresponsible owners, yet it's something we ALL get the results of. It makes me sick...

Heather exactly why people are over reacting, dont you think that being the VP they would also think, "its just a t shirt"

#10 ·
The problem here is that it is the VP who used her dogs this way. That sends the message that the USRC feels that this is OK. In fact, most of the USRC does not approve of this portrayal of our dogs.

In a legal situation you need signatures. This petition is designed to go to the stores who sell the items. They spend a lot of $$ to advertise to us. Don't you think they will pay attention to a few thousand signatures? Maybe they will, maybe they won't. At the very least this is giving all of us a way to show where we stand.

There are several EB members who have signed the petition. I think that there are people out here waiting to see who does and who does not. It may not mean anything to you, but believe me it will to some of us. There are at least 2 FCI judges who have signed it. It gives us ALL a place to unite. From there I don't know where it will go, but it definitely won't hurt the breed like the images on those shirts will.

Carol

#11 ·
Those images DO NOT hurt the breed. We own a very protective breed, IT was either Rotties, pits or GSD. The shirt isnt going to cause BSL, its the Back YArd breeding and Irresponsible owners that dont fallow leash laws and other laws taht cause it. I think you are over reacting to this big time. There was nothing in the news or on bsl websites about people trying to start new bsl laws because of a shirt. it is FICTION just like the WWE....my God

#12 ·
Redyre Rotties said:

There is one thing I do not understand, I have a SCH Rotty, that when told to looks even more mean and aggresive then the ones in the Tshirt. I love the way my Dog works. HE does what he is trained to do. Is there GSD legislation because police dogs bite people, or because they have bumperstickers that say K9 stay back? Because I have two big sticlers that say working dog stay back on my suv. Its a Tshirt and it is showing dogs with defense, this does not cause BSL.

Dont you think the VP did it sayig to himself, its just a tshirt....his judgment was fine I just believe that we are nitpicking here. I mean we should next call hollywood and get any rotts out of movies and rap videos....

#13 ·
I agree with you scotty .. I think the same way if people do what they are suppose to we would not have bsl. I love my rotts just like you all do but i would fight this problem in a different way.
Hey for all of you who are for this, you have that right .. And for those of us who think there are better ways to fight bsl we have the right also..
I don't see nothing wrong with this picture(t-shirt) because thats all that it is.... Whats has brought bsl and you all know this is iresponsable owners . THEY ARE THE ONES ignorant people whom shouldn't have owned a dog in the first place

#14 ·
I'm not saying the shirt needs to go straight into a burn pile. My feelings in the matter are simply this...WHY was there a need to portray rotts in that fashion? It just isn't necessary. Our breed has a HARD ENOUGH time being understood. When people see pictures of them like this (namely, people that haven't even ever heard the word Schutzhund before) they just do not understand</span>. All THEY see is "vicious rottweilers"...if that makes sense. I would just think that the VP would like to present their dogs in a more stoic, and understandable manner (for everyone).

I'm not even close to saying that shirts like this are the cause </span>for BSL...because that would be ridiculous. All I'm saying is that shirts like this do not help at all. Especially for people that know nothing about the breed other than they look vicious and mean on tv, and on t-shirts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.