Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i have a question i want to ask your advice on..my rocky is 15 weeks old, and you can clearly tell where his "mature coat" (i guess that's what you'd call it) is coming in..it started as just a 2" wide line along his backbone, and has gotten wider and thicker over the past few weeks. anyways, along his back now, his hair has gotten VERY wavy and i brush it about every other day to try to train it, but it seems as if it doesn't help at all. i'm using a Furminator brush. do you think as he gets bigger his skin will stretch and make the hair straight? or do you think it's just a genetic defect and i'm stuck with a wavy haired rotti? also, there's some gray hairs in his mature coat, is that something else to worry about?

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
jared, he does have a wavy coat. I hate to say this but your just going to have to live with a Rott that has a wavy coat. Do you love him any less for it? I wouldn't think so! I have been reading about wavy coats and it is a fault. Dogs out of the same litter just one might have it and the others not. There is really nothing you can do about him having a wavy coat. Sometimes it might seem more wavy then other times because he might be ready to blow his coat. Thats when you should really brush him. All Rotts have a under coat, if they don't thats also a fault. Rotts coats also vary to the type of climate the live in. My Apollo has always had a few gray hairs here and there, I wouldn't worry about that at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts