Rottweilers Online Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
rockbrain..where exactly are you located in NC? we live in jacksonville, i'm stationed at camp lejuene until 2012, then back home to texas!!

Hey there!
I am just outside of Fayetteville and Fort Bragg; still a ways away from where you are by a few hours....I hope you and your pup are doing well! :)

Viv....

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Hey there!
I am just outside of Fayetteville and Fort Bragg; still a ways away from where you are by a few hours....I hope you and your pup are doing well! :)

Viv....
that's cool i came through there last weekend coming home from Charlotte, me and Rocky are doing great, just adjusting to this heat blast and humidity lol..he's a few weeks shy of 6 months old now, and right at 55 pounds..weight gain slowed to about 2 pounds a week, which is good i want him growing slow..he LOVES the beach though so plenty of exercise by his own choice haha

Interesting thread. I hope you can come back to this when your dog is fully grown and let us know the final outcome of his coat. I don't have a great deal of experience, just on my second rottie. But JJ's coat did go through a wavy period while he was growing, and it is straight now at 2 years, 4+ months. He also has the occasional white hair. That is nothing to worry about either. (Yes, white patches are considered a fault in conformation.)

My puppy will be 4 months old on July 2nd and she now has a wavy coat on her back. It looks so cute. Her parents have nice coats so I'm sure it's just a young rottie thing. They grow into their skin and it stretches out and goes flat I think.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Rocky turned 6 months old yesterday, and his coat is improving great, the waves along the middle of his back have straightened out, and now there's just some waves left on the end of his back above his rump. He's turning out very nicely.

I have had the pleasure of owning rottweiler's from a "b.y.b" and a professional breeder, and i can confidently tell you that the wave's are not permanent. It's mostly a male thing, you will see a few awkward stages until he grows into his own. BTW the cost of a rottweiler has nothing to do with the quality. I once paid $200 for one happened to be a rescue and turned out to be show quality. :)

CoCo's is starting to get wavy too...right on the top of her back...nothing like the pics above...but I can see it doing the same over the next few months. I'm sure as stated...they will grow into it.

when Sadie was coming close to her second heat, I made an appt to have her spayed. she was very full wavy as a pup, and eventually it had reduced to a wide strip down her back. Anyway, I gave her a bath prior to her surgery, and the vets gave her one post surgery- and Wha La- absolutley NO waves whatsoever now. I thnk it was a mix of maturing, and blowing her winter puppy coat. She is 14 months now.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.