Rottweilers Online Forums banner

wavy coat?!? help!!

Tags
coat hair wavy
53K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  xamtex 
#1 ·
hey, i have a question i want to ask your advice on..my rocky is 15 weeks old, and you can clearly tell where his "mature coat" (i guess that's what you'd call it) is coming in..it started as just a 2" wide line along his backbone, and has gotten wider and thicker over the past few weeks. anyways, along his back now, his hair has gotten VERY wavy and i brush it about every other day to try to train it, but it seems as if it doesn't help at all. i'm using a Furminator brush. do you think as he gets bigger his skin will stretch and make the hair straight? or do you think it's just a genetic defect and i'm stuck with a wavy haired rotti? also, there's some gray hairs in his mature coat, is that something else to worry about?

See less See more
#32 ·
when Sadie was coming close to her second heat, I made an appt to have her spayed. she was very full wavy as a pup, and eventually it had reduced to a wide strip down her back. Anyway, I gave her a bath prior to her surgery, and the vets gave her one post surgery- and Wha La- absolutley NO waves whatsoever now. I thnk it was a mix of maturing, and blowing her winter puppy coat. She is 14 months now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.