Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone’s rotties have a weakness in a wrist area? My girl seems to hurt it at the slightest of play or jumping and holds it up & limps for a bit but when I examine her I can’t determine which are is sore. I think it’s the ‘wrist’ area but really unsure 😣

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone’s rotties have a weakness in a wrist area? My girl seems to hurt it at the slightest of play or jumping and holds it up & limps for a bit but when I examine her I can’t determine which are is sore. I think it’s the ‘wrist’ area but really unsure 😣
Pastern is what it’s called I believe. I could be wrong😊

·
Super Moderator
1,480 Posts
How old is she now? How long does the pain last? If it's only for a short time and then seems better, it could just be puppy play? Puppies are pretty rough and tumble...and some are more sensitive. If it persists and she starts limping make sure to have her examined at the vet. Elbow dysplasia is one thing to be worried about.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thanks for your advice. It is always after playing or wrestling with other dogs, always smaller than her. She has just turned 2. She limps initially for a bit then comes alright. She never cries out when she has done it. I think it’s the part above her paw, her ankle or elbow I guess you would say. I notice when she is playing with another dog rolling around she alway has her paws tucked under so think she must end up dropping her weight into that joint when it’s bent over - if that makes sense. 🙈

1 - 5 of 5 Posts