Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other week i had roxy to the vet for her check-up, shots, ect. he said that she was tiney at 82.5 lbs... i think that she looks healthy... is she to small? her mother is kinda small stataured , her father huge like dylan....the vet said that she is healthy....so i guess that i should be happy with this...kinda concerned about the tiny comment.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
82 is good weight for a female. My female is 87 and she looks good. I think they live healthier a " little " on the small side but I don't think 82 is small. The FCI standard says 42KG for a female is a good weight. I'm a drop-out and can't tell you what that is in pounds

2.2 KG = 1 pound so she weighs 37. something KG

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
denni, my Kitty used to be a small girl too , just give her some time she'll fill out . My Kitty is now a full figured gal
but she is healthy and that all that matters !If ya want Kitty can give your baby a few pounds ....but don't tellKitty I said that about her
It wouldn't be all the treats she gets hereor anything like that

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Denni, I am not at all a experienced rottie person but our vet says he is real proud of Xari's weight and he told me that when I look down at him he should have an hour glass shape to his body. So that is my guide for him and he is 8 months old and is almost 70 lbs. He told me he will live longer and not have as much trouble with his bones if I keep his weight down just a little.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
as long as they look health and not to thin or fat they are at the right weight for them selves.No two dogs grow the same.

I would hate to have people think their dogs should be like Elwood.

He weighted more then a 50lb bag of dog food at 4 months.Be he was born the size of a two week old puppy too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts