Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'd like to congratulate Keith and Shaka for taking a much deservedbreed win this year. They're awonderfully inspiring and breath-taking team to watch, as owner/breeder/handler, so I hope all of you can cheer them on tonightfor the group ringand hopefully move on to be the very 1st Rott to take a BIS at Westminster.If anyone can, it's these two! So,be sure to watch early, because the working group is first to air tonight.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm hoping he get beat in the group.He is another of those dogs being bred with bad elbows.Just because the guy who owns him is nice does not mean his dog who should not be bred should win.Heres hoping the Malamute takes the group.JMOP.

Donna

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I wouldn't care if they pushed him across the floor on a cart. It is nice to see a Rottweiler win on national TV.

And as for those bad elbows. I hope they came from his moms side of the family. I don't want Gretchen to have that in her.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But people are going to see him on TV and think that is what a Rottweiler should look like.Tight elbows over angulated and next to no markings.

Schatze was a Better Rottweiler and he took a group 4 there.

Donna

·
Registered
144 Posts
<DIV>I said I wasn't going there... but I'm going on that soap box anyways!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I've noticed over the years that people enjoytalking downother people's accomplishments. However, these same people when they achieve a reward of some kind, they in turn want people to applaud them for their efforts. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>An award is just that, and given the record this dog has, the breeders, owner, and handler deserve other people's respect, because after-all they work very hard at their goals, just like any of us do, in any venue. It's not our place to judge what they choose to do, even if a person feels differently.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I've put my hands onShakapersonally way before he ever earned a BIS and I've seen him perform at several shows. I thought of him years ago asa dog thatdrips extreme "Breed-type", he's an excellent mover, very nice short strongtop line, never puts a foot down wrong,and stands out amongst many Rotts,including other top winning breeds that are shown in the ring today. When you picture the breed standard in your mind, you do see Shaka... and that's the way it's suppose to be. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Sooty markings are ridiculous to whine about, it's nothing compared to many of the dogsthat have overly large straw yellowmarkings, bubble gum pink mouths, andvery lightround eyes. It's a small beauty fault and nothing more! I'd rather see a dark "Typey" dog with very dark eyes and mouth pigment, then the other I described.... and don't even get me started about horrible top lines that continuously bounce when moved, poor croups, incorrect proportions, over sized dogs, questionable bites, splayed feet, legs that have to be wrenched when stacked.... which are extremely more important then markings. As far as him being over angulated, I don't see it when I see himin person. Especially, when I've seen many that truly are overly done to the point they cannot moveor hold themselves correctly due to the lack of proper conditioning, positioning,reach, and strength. Elbows being tight... there suppose to be close (well under) the body. Granted people are entitled to what they perceive as to becorrect... hence the reasoning for so many different dog show judges and ideas of what the standard calls for.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Keith and Shaka deserve our respect for what they have accomplished for our breed, since he is the most winning #1 Rottweiler in breed history, and again breaking the record for winning the working group. It's obvious that many respected all-breed and breeder-judges knows a good dog when they see one or Shaka wouldn't have been given the track record he has set... it speaks for itself.There has to be somethingcorrect about this dog!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Our breed having the worst problems we've ever had with BSL, you would think that any Rottie owner would be proud that we are getting very good P.R. at the moment, andset aside their differences.The most prestigious, longest running,and watched dog show of the year... andhaving this dog being presented in the way he deserves to be treated, is wonderful for all of us to watch. In all my years of watching Westminster, they've never had that much excitement and talk about our breed....they always rushthrough us when judged and constantlypronounce the name incorrectly. BecauseShaka comes on again tonight for BIS, there will be more for people to enjoy about our breed. What's wrong with that? I say nothing! Congratulations on a job well-done, representing our breed to the best of it's abilities, for all of us!!! Who wants to see another poodle win when they are known to be some of the worst fear biters? Go Rottie!!!!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Besides, breeding toShaka wasn't the topic of this thread, this year'sshow results at Westminster is. However, without a doubt, for those that might be interested in the topic of breeding to Shaka, hehas a great deal to offer to this breed, and I've seen offspring of his first hand to know what I'm talking about. When it comes to breeding, everyone knows that nodog is perfect, never has been, and never will be. The dog as a "whole" should be taken into consideration, not just one part of the dog. You shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water... and miss the important aspectsthat the totaldog can improve upon in a breeding program. I see many dogs that could use Shaka and his excellent proven bloodlinesin their breeding programs, to help improve their dogs. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I also know there are still very few dogs that have all cleared health certifications for several generations... and even so, any dog can still carry those samegenetics on, even if they are not effected themselves andhave passed. Furthermore, it's widely known that genetics alone is not the only reason why a dog doesn't clear hips and elbows! Why are dogs still not passing hips from many generations of cleared hips?Anyways, I'm not going to get into a huge discussion about health in this thread...</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Since some people on here are dog show judges:</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>When youjudgeall the dogs presented to you on the day of a conformation dog show... Do you ask each person, at each show, if their dog has all their health clearances that is required of them according to their parent clubs?And if so, Is this a deciding factor when judging adog's conformation.Also, Do you make itnormal protocol to publicly announce each ofthese results, on all public forums, lists, etc. over the Internet, as unbiased information, after you've judged each of these dogs? </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I personally don't know any judge that does this...... We all know that judging conformation dog shows in the U.S., does notinclude dog's x-rays or health certifications.A judgelooks at anindividualdog, on what they know, that is presented to them on that given day. Nothing more, and rightly so! </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Why is Shaka's health records being discussed, yet again, on a public forumwithoutthe owner and the breeders of the dog having a chance to defend orspeak withinthese discussions, knowing full well thatthey probably don't have the time to do so, or even bother to care what other people off the Internet think? </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Furthermore, Why does an individual feel the needtooriginallydiscussthese issues in a public forum,if it's already a public record chosen by the owner,so the whole worldcan see these results at their own leisureanyways?They have nothing to hide... and I give them creditfor choosing to do so and they should be applauded! </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Besides, shouldn't it be up to the individual breeders that choose to use him for stud service,and the individual puppy buyerswhen purchasing, to take the time to know these details. Not an individual thatpoints out what they see asnegativesabout a specific dog on a public forum?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>It's the breeders that make the ultimate selective breeding decisions when they choose to have a litter andthat thought process doesn't include what other people think. Diversity in a breed is and can be beneficial, if done correctly.... Most world-known top respected breeders know this already, and we all can learn from them.</DIV>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
evryone has an opinion and should not be Judged for it.It is only and opinion take it at that.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
It was a great show !
Shaka looked awesome in the ring !!!

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
2bad said:
I wouldn't care if they pushed him across the floor on a cart. It is nice to see a Rottweiler win on national TV.

I agree ....

its nice to see a rottweiler on national tv getting a good rap ...

even with all his faults .... cause most people dont know about that

and it gives me some hope ...... dont know what i got for a rottweiler

but maybe he can win some thing someday ....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Rufus is an excellent specimenfor his breed, as well, and deserves that win, rightly so. I really thought he was going to take the Iams show.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts