Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :D i am currently the lucky friend and owner of three beautiful dogs! one rottweiler Hoshi, two mutts Hachi and Akira, i also found a teen dog who i rescued but i am currently looking for a home for her, i called her Amaya, shes just crossing by, hopefully! i was wondering, i always name my dogs a good name, one that is worthy for them, what do your dogs names mean? all my dogs names are of japanese origin, im so in love with that culture! here are the meanings to my pups :

Hoshi = Star

Hachiko ( short Hachi ) = Prince of the figure eight (infinit)

Akira = Bright and clear

Amaya = Night Rain

Image0567.jpg

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Neelah is Celtic for Champion...although the only thing she is REALLY good at is chewing her bed!

Jayda - means 'precious green stone". She and her sister came into rescue as Bridget and Gidget and there was no way in hell they were keeping those names, so I changes them to Amber and Jade - the "Gemstone Sisters". but hubby didn;t like Jade, so he changed it to Jayda.

Baron - means "nobleman" but he's anything but -the big clown, Doug named him <LOL>!!

Ben - well, if I translte it to fit me it means heart dog - the one who started it all, my reason for loving this breed the way I do :), but in Hebrew it means "son"

Reactions: Aisha Al Midfa

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What gorgeous names, i must say that "Neelah" is my favorite, im actually in love it! ur dogs have beautiful names, i also love baron! all their names are beautiful =D

·
Registered
395 Posts
The Rottweilers: Warlock, which means male witch, Chopper because we ride Harleys
Jack Russell Terrorists: Sweetpea because she is like a little flower, and Kirby just because the name is cute
Miniature Dacshund: Kit Kat because her colors are chocolate and tan
Border Collie: Sweetie because she lives up to her name
Pit x Catahola Leopard Dog: Harley...self explanatory :D

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
We named our boy Moose because we only bought him when he was 16 months old and the former owner called him Moo. I didn't feel comfortable changing his name since he knew it and we just say his name is Moose but we still call him Moo.

Nikki was named after our first rottie that was very special to us.

We named our husky dog, that we rescued from a shelter years ago, Sassy because that is what she is.

·
Registered
840 Posts
My boy's name is Chevy, because my hubby and I have 20+ Chevrolet's - but I have no idea what it means other than "heartbeat of America" LoL

BTW, welcome to the forum Aisha, I haven't been on in about a month because of work and travel :)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Geez, I got distracted by my hubby - I meant to tell you how adorable all your 4-legged kids are too!

Love your name meaning too, and the fact that you really thought with your heart about what they should be

Cheers :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
my rottie mix named Diamond cause she is a little diva spoiled dog lol and my 2 yr old rottie is Piston cause im a Detroit Pistons fan from the NBA and im also a NHRA drag racer and Piston is main power source from an engine? lol

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
What gorgeous names, i must say that "Neelah" is my favorite, im actually in love it! ur dogs have beautiful names, i also love baron! all their names are beautiful =D
Awww, thanks :) Neelah actually picked her name herself. She had no name for 2 days. Hubby wanted a Celtic/Irish name so he did a search online for "Celtic dog names" and started reading off a bunch of names - when he said "Neelah" she looked at him - so he read off a few more, then said Neelah again and she looked at him.

Did it a few more times and every time he said "Neelah" she looked at him. Kinda tough when we're doing obedience - "Neelah heel" is a bit of a tongue twister - and so is 'Neelah leave it'! So I say "lets go" and 'phooey' instead. Her nickname is Monkey or Little Monkey - and I think we call her that more than her actual name! I also call her "little bebe" :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Aisha: Have to say, love the names of all your dogs plus the pic! My dogs: Zorro is named after the movie, I tend to do this a lot actually! LOL Angel already had her name, we got her from a shelter. But to me, it means good girl, which she is!! : ) And Varik means from the fortress.

Have to tell you though about the meaning of one of my cat's names. (I have 5 cats) That one being Missy--short for mischievious demon seed! LOL Also had a parakeet named Meeko, named after I think the raccoon in the disney movie Pocahontas.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my rottie mix named Diamond cause she is a little diva spoiled dog lol and my 2 yr old rottie is Piston cause im a Detroit Pistons fan from the NBA and im also a NHRA drag racer and Piston is main power source from an engine? lol
Love the name piston!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aisha: Have to say, love the names of all your dogs plus the pic! My dogs: Zorro is named after the movie, I tend to do this a lot actually! LOL Angel already had her name, we got her from a shelter. But to me, it means good girl, which she is!! : ) And Varik means from the fortress.

Have to tell you though about the meaning of one of my cat's names. (I have 5 cats) That one being Missy--short for mischievious demon seed! LOL Also had a parakeet named Meeko, named after I think the raccoon in the disney movie Pocahontas.
Ur an angel for rescuing her =) i love the name Varik! its gorgeous, and its meaning is amazing!

·
Registered
688 Posts
When I had Dakota, I socialized him a lot at one of my best friends house...they have 5 kids. Their youngest (now 15) called him Koka. After he passed...I wanted to carry part of his name in some aspect on to our new pup....since we picked up a little girl... CoCo seemed fitting.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I named Kitty, because when I had my last Rottie Allie, I also had a cat. When I would call for the cat I would say here Kitty, Kitty, and Allie would come. I would say to her your not the cat......LOL So when Allie, passed I said I'm naming my next Rottie Kitty. Rhea, was named after a greek goddess as was Apollo, all the pups had greek god names.

Reactions: Aisha Al Midfa

·
Registered
880 Posts
Nino, named after the infamous Nino Brown, drug lord in the movie New Jack City, and Sadie Mae, after Sadie, the Sexy Sadie song by the Beatles on their White Album. Charles Manson named Susan Adkins Sadie Mae Glutz after the song . Kinda dark huh? Of course I call Nino Beanie :) and Sadie is often called Chunky Butt

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When I had Dakota, I socialized him a lot at one of my best friends house...they have 5 kids. Their youngest (now 15) called him Koka. After he passed...I wanted to carry part of his name in some aspect on to our new pup....since we picked up a little girl... CoCo seemed fitting.
Dakota is a beautiful name, and im sure coco will live up to that name xx im sorry u lost him, it hurts too much

1 - 20 of 22 Posts