Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of very debatable topic.
We can see a lot of text on internet ‘’ forums, public networks’’ about foxed people in purchasing dog process.
Getting totally different dog then on previous photo and videos showed to the buyer.
Getting the dog with fault which buyer did not see on previous photos and videos.
‘’ bad bite, missing tooth , missing testicles or fixed photos in Photoshop ‘’,getting fake health documents too.

for more clink on the link below

· Administrator
2,049 Posts
The solution is to first find an ethical breeder. You can do that by attending dog shows or sporting or working trials. See what you like...and talk to the owner or breeder that is producing the dogs you like. Then if you can, go visit the breeder....their home, or their kennel. See where their dogs live, how they live, and where are the puppies born and raised. Make sure the dogs that the breeder uses for breeding has all of the health certs, which can be verified for American and Canadian dogs on OFA. European health certs are a bit different. I would not buy a dog from over seas or another country....unless I spoke that language and/or knew someone that lived close by that knows dogs to verify. If I had friends that imported from the same breeder and were happy with the results...I would investigate some more. No way would I blindly buy a pup from some stranger....even in my own country. If you belong to your national dog club and the breeder is a member that can be another way of finding an ethical breeder. You have to do your homework....and always be wary of being talked into things. Finding and getting a well bred Rottweiler with a good temperament takes time.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The solution is to first find an ethical breeder. You can do that by attending dog shows or sporting or working trials. See what you like...and talk to the owner or breeder that is producing the dogs you like. Then if you can, go visit the breeder....their home, or their kennel. See where their dogs live, how they live, and where are the puppies born and raised. Make sure the dogs that the breeder uses for breeding has all of the health certs, which can be verified for American and Canadian dogs on OFA. European health certs are a bit different. I would not buy a dog from over seas or another country....unless I spoke that language and/or knew someone that lived close by that knows dogs to verify. If I had friends that imported from the same breeder and were happy with the results...I would investigate some more. No way would I blindly buy a pup from some stranger....even in my own country. If you belong to your national dog club and the breeder is a member that can be another way of finding an ethical breeder. You have to do your homework....and always be wary of being talked into things. Finding and getting a well bred Rottweiler with a good temperament takes time.
all that is fine if the breeder is based on your continent :)

· Administrator
2,049 Posts
all that is fine if the breeder is based on your continent :)
Like I said....buy from a breeder that you can go visit, or have met their dogs at shows as well as their breeder and other owner's that have dogs from that breeder. I would never buy and ship a puppy from someone overseas. Unless I had a friend or family that lived in the same country, could go visit the breeder and see with their own eyes, and spoke the same language.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts