Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't like the big heads they have to much skin on the faces look more like bull mastiff than rottie. They had a 9 month old rottie who already weighed 110. way to big to soon.

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

But Blu didnt get that big did he? why did you get Blu from there if you didnt like the looks of the rotts there? They do sound like they are not of the standard, and purposely bred that way.</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blu was in a back part of the yard, with 2 alfa ladies. You could see his spine. But when I got in the pen because he would not come to the handler, I called his name one time and he ran to me. I slowly walked him up into the light to look at him, he had not had a bath in a long time, you could tell he had not eaten, do to the alfa ladies. I seen his dad who was stunning to look at, I just did not have it in me to leave him there. Just because I do not like all the extra skin, does not mean alot to me. That big offy guy broke my heart. And I could not let him stay there. We brought him home cleaned him up, and are still tring to get the weight on him. It will just take time and love. Because he had no trainning I have to work with him alot more than I did Dallas but I hope it will all work out. He is a big lug who just needed a real home with love.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Shell , they look like my Zeus he has alot of extra skin too ....and that big head ! everyone that comes to my house says oh my god he's a big boy and his head
I tell them he's gonna get a complex about the size of his head
That is a sweet story about how you got him you were ment to have him hun ....Like I was ment to have my Zeus ! He was the same way when I got him he was stinky a little thin for his sizeand not taken care of he bonded with me right away too.....My Rhea has that extra skin too, the kids say she looks like a blood hound with all the skin she has ....I must amit she kinda does
she also has those droopy eyes that a blood hound has but she is the sweetest Rottie I have ever had so layed back , she has been having problems with her ears (cuckie ears) I have to clean them out every other day so I think she is going to the vets tomorrow with me when I take Zeus for his regular shots and have them give her a allergie shot .... I believe in fate and we are ment to have them !!!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
her ear problems could be from the food she is earing.That is the first cause of all ear problems.The toxions from the food come out the ears.Second it could be ear mites.

If it's not mites all that goop they give you at the vet wont help.

Donna

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to clean Blu's ears every week because of ear mites. Dallas does not have them But Blu does. It's a every saterday thing here.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What I get out his ears looks like dirt. When the vet checked it he said ear mites. I did not get it either I thought Dallas would get them too, but her ears are clean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.