Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boy is a year old and 105lbs. He started out with Purina pro plan since 10 weeks old and that lasted until about 6 months. He started to throw up his food and his stool became diarrhea all the time. I then switched to taste of the wild high prairie puppy food and he had been good on that ever since. I would like to switch him to Acana food but not sure which one. I’m not sure if there’s a chicken allergy and grain allergy. Taste of the wild is grain free and is bison and venison based which he has been good with.

·
Administrator
1,995 Posts
I've always had Rottweilers with rock hard stomachs that could eat anything, and could switch foods with no problems. I feed Acana and just go through all the protein flavors with each bag I buy. Rotating the proteins for dogs that have no health or digestion problems is always a good idea. I also like the Healthy Grains series of foods that now have also.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have our almost 2 year old boy on Acana large breed. He was on large breed puppy before. We have had no problems on their food. We also have a GSP that was on the Prairie formula that we switched large breed that didn't go well. He developed a bad rash so he had to go back on the Prairie formula and is clearing up with the food and medication.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts