Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is actually a "Vet" question, but Lizzie has white hairs scattered around in her coat. Not in clumps, just one hair here and there. The hairs seem to not be strongly attached to her skin. If I am able to single out one of them, I can pull it out with my fingers. I wonder if they could be the result of scar tissue, maybe from fleas or bites from another dog. Has anyone seen this before?

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
It's common enough in Rottweilers and does show up once in awhile in certain dogs. It can be from scarring and damage to the skin from trauma or infection. Unless it starts spreading or becoming really noticeable like vitiligo I would not worry about it. How old is Lizzie???

Reactions: Lola Mom

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, thanks. Lizzie is about 3 (a rescue). I wasn't worried, just hadn't seen that before, Most of them are near her neck, which is what made me think of bite wounds.

BTW, she did an awful thing today. She occasionally gets a wild hair and needs to do hot laps in and out and around the house and yard and I've learned to stay out of her way. She had one this morning and clipped MDH behind the knees and knocked him down on the patio. Hard to do, since he's 6'4", 270#. He's okay, just banged up his arm some. Crazy dog.

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
Probably from the hairs breaking and rubbing from her collar (that she had on before you adopted her)??
Sorry to hear that your hubby got clipped. I've had that happen to me a few times through the years....that's why one knee clicks when I walk. :) Best is to get behind something like a chair when they get the zoomies.

Reactions: Lola Mom
1 - 6 of 6 Posts