Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I am adopting a rottweiler puppy. He is going to be a family pet, not for showing or breeding or anything. His parents were both rottweilers, one a German Rottweiler and one an American Rottweiler. For some reason, some of the litter came out just black and tan, while others came out black, tan, and white. Not just a white spot on the chest but a lot of white. My boy is white, tan, and black. I think he's adorable. I'm just curious as to how and why that happens! I attached a photo of him!

·
Super Moderator
1,366 Posts
This is not a pure bred Rottweiler puppy. It seems that another male dog must have bred with the female. Dogs can have puppies that are fertilized by multiple males. Rottweilers do NOT come with white. I hope that you did not pay money for this puppy?? I would get a DNA test done to see what other breed is in there. Does not mean your puppy is not to be loved and trained...just that he is not a pure Rottweiler, but a mix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is not a pure bred Rottweiler puppy. It seems that another male dog must have bred with the female. Dogs can have puppies that are fertilized by multiple males. Rottweilers do NOT come with white. I hope that you did not pay money for this puppy?? I would get a DNA test done to see what other breed is in there. Does not mean your puppy is not to be loved and trained...just that he is not a pure Rottweiler, but a mix.

Thank you! That makes a lot of sense. I did pay for the puppy but not a lot. Do you know what dna test works best for determining breeds? I'd like to know what else he is!

·
Super Moderator
1,366 Posts
I think that Embark is one that many breeders use. It also has some genetic tests results that you can be made aware of.
www.embarkvet.com I'm sure you will find others with a google search.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you! That makes a lot of sense. I did pay for the puppy but not a lot. Do you know what dna test works best for determining breeds? I'd like to know what else he is!
She is spot on. Your baby is beautiful regardless color or breed ❣❣

·
Registered
45 Posts
I saw puppies on Kijji for sale with a lot of white on them. The sellers claimed they were Rotti's as well, they are either stupid or crooks. I'm leaning to crooks lol.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hello!
I am adopting a rottweiler puppy. He is going to be a family pet, not for showing or breeding or anything. His parents were both rottweilers, one a German Rottweiler and one an American Rottweiler. For some reason, some of the litter came out just black and tan, while others came out black, tan, and white. Not just a white spot on the chest but a lot of white. My boy is white, tan, and black. I think he's adorable. I'm just curious as to how and why that happens! I attached a photo of him!
The face looks like an Australian Shepherd. If you don't do the DNA test you may have to wait until he grows up to see how big he is to see if he is part Beagle, Shepherd of Jack Russel Terrier lol. Picture that mating happening. ha ha

He adorable no matter what breed he is. Good luck. Love the photo. Be sure and let us know when you find out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts