Rottweilers Online Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oh my GSD is a male from Czech working lines. His breeding was a line breeding on Chuligan z Pohranicni straze The Pohranicni Straze kennel is the kennel name of the Czech border patrols GSD breeding program.

save typing a little history on this line: History Of The Z Pohranicni Straze Bloodline German Shepherd Dogs – I LOVE GERMAN SHEPHERD DOGS

Most of the top real working dogs. I.e. Czech state police and military, came out of the above and it continues today via many breeding programs. Including the RCMP's in house breeding program. You can also trace that bloodline in American military Shepherds, federal US law enforcement and most police forces with German Shepherd K9's.

A best of the best of Czech police, military and sport dogs: Czech Dogs

You cant do the same with Rottweiler's.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I know German Shepherds are trained a lot for use as working dogs but I prefer Rottweilers for my home over the GSD because they seem to me more loyal to their owners. My experience with German Shepherds (and I've owned 3) is they jump low fences, dig under tall fences and go nuts when it thunders.

There are a pair on the corner near us that get out of their 6 ft tall fence in a flash and chase me and Bella when we are on our morning walks.

I know GSD make great working dogs when they are controlled on a leash, but put in a backyard unsupervised--not so smart.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Affiliate, I would like to tell you that your answers to post people make are very informative and helpful. Thank you for putting good ideas and knowledge into me and others.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts