Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I have been searching far and wide for a Rotti pup from a reputable breeder with strong working German lines. I don't want a Rottweiler with a pug face that can't bite. This has proven nearly impossible to find in Canada, so I have begun looking in the US.

The 3 breeders I have settled on are Von Evman Rottweilers, Princehaus Rottweilers, and Jeneck's Rottweilers. I was wondering if anyone has any information on, or experience with, any of these breeders?

Also, if anyone is aware of someone in Canada that is breeding dogs from German lines with working (IGP) titles, I would happily be pointed in their direction.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies!

·
Administrator
1,995 Posts
I think we've had this discussion before?? What do you plan on doing with this 'working line German Rottweiler'? Have you done any sport or attained any working titles on any of your previous dogs?? I know 2 breeders with litters right now that have puppies available....both good ethical breeders that do everything right. The working line dogs are smaller and feisty...and need a job to do with tons of training. That means joining a club and actually doing something.

I don't have any experience with the breeders you mentioned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, we had a conversation somewhat along these lines about a couple breeders, but none were suitable and the suggestions you put forth were not quite what I was looking for. Lots of show/confirmation lines, some agility I think, but no IGP titles that I can recall.

As mentioned in that conversation I do plan to title my dog with a BH at the least, hoping to go on to IGP 1 or better, hence looking for a breeder with dogs titled in IGP. I did not obtain any titles on my last Rotti, just lots of obedience training, but everyone has to start somewhere. I am familiar with the typically smaller size and feistyness you mention, my guy was about 95lbs full grown and not a lab in a Rotti coat. None of that bothers me. I owned him for about 10 years after dealing with a poorly bred fear biter with neurological issues for a year, so I'm not a novice Rottweiler owner.

I do have a working dog club close to me that I have already begun setting up a visit with. I will be fostering a Dutch shepherd/GSD mix shortly that I may bring there for a bit of obedience work since she has reactivity issues I plan to continue working on, and to feel out the club and it's training methods in preparation for joining with my pup to title him. I also plan to fly into the US for training seminars, join training clubs, and so on. Michael Ellis and Ivan Balabanov will be the first trainers I visit.

That said, I'm still looking for a good breeder in Canada, or the US, that someone has personal experience with. All suggestions are welcomed.

·
Administrator
1,995 Posts
You may want to take a look at Total Rottweiler Magazine www.totalrottweilermagazine.com They also have a Facebook page. Lots of ads and info on working Rottweilers. The magazine is from BC. You may also want to contact Lucy Ang (she is in California)....but may have some info for you on working Rottweilers. Her kennel name is Nightshadow Rottweilers . I don't know if she is still breeding...but it looks like she was involved in Shutzhund for a long time.

Good luck with your foster dog. I hope she does well in your home.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I will take a look at Nightshadow/Lucy Ang and see what I come up with.

Already done lol. I have my subcription to TTRM and Rakete Vom Kleinen Lowen was featured (owned by Princehaus) as was Orbit vom Brandauerweg (owned by Von Evman). Both are absolutely spectacular dogs imho and are what drew me to the breeders. Jeneck's is simply due to Eckart Salquist's long list of dogs he titled from the ground up, so it seems he knows a thing or two about breeding and choosing a good working Rotti.

Thank you! She has already been through a board and train program with the rescue I'm part of and is a sweet girl. Just has a bit of dog reactivity but she has already come a long way, I just want to take her the rest of the way :).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello All,

I have been searching far and wide for a Rotti pup from a reputable breeder with strong working German lines. I don't want a Rottweiler with a pug face that can't bite. This has proven nearly impossible to find in Canada, so I have begun looking in the US.

The 3 breeders I have settled on are Von Evman Rottweilers, Princehaus Rottweilers, and Jeneck's Rottweilers. I was wondering if anyone has any information on, or experience with, any of these breeders?

Also, if anyone is aware of someone in Canada that is breeding dogs from German lines with working (IGP) titles, I would happily be pointed in their direction.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies!
I have a 5 month old male puppy from PrinceHaus Rottweilers. I am beyond happy with him and am very glad I chose them as the breeder I would get a puppy from. Rakete is the sire and I am very impressed with him.
Peter, the owner, is extremely helpful and informative if you have any questions about his dog's. Definitely check them out, I think you will be very happy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 5 month old male puppy from PrinceHaus Rottweilers. I am beyond happy with him and am very glad I chose them as the breeder I would get a puppy from. Rakete is the sire and I am very impressed with him.
Peter, the owner, is extremely helpful and informative if you have any questions about his dog's. Definitely check them out, I think you will be very happy.
When I spoke with Peter I was very impressed and had a great feeling. He's very personable and transparent, something I have found lacking in some of the people I've contacted.

As it stands, it is between PrinceHaus with Rakete and Von Evman with Orbit. I was impressed with the interview TTRM had with Evie Lynn from Von Evman, so it makes it a hard choice.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I spoke with Peter I was very impressed and had a great feeling. He's very personable and transparent, something I have found lacking in some of the people I've contacted.

As it stands, it is between PrinceHaus with Rakete and Von Evman with Orbit. I was impressed with the interview TTRM had with Evie Lynn from Von Evman, so it makes it a hard choice.

Thanks for your input!
Good luck! Keep me updated on your decision!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts