Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had rotties all my life 30+ years. I've always had gotten show line dogs. I took a diffrent path this time around. And WOW the amount of drive,intensity and intelligence is a whole different dog. My past rotties were smart but I've never been able to achieve so much so fast with a dog. For those who have had both sides of the fence is this norm ? By achieving things I mean I've had this dog maybe 10 days and he's potty trained, sit,down and comes when called by his name. Not bragging, just excited.

·
Administrator
1,995 Posts
That's wonderful!! What I have found through the years...it's not always the difference between show and working lines. It's the difference in pedigree and what the breeder does raising the puppies. Good breeder start crate training and house training puppies and doing simple training with the puppies before they leave at 8 weeks of age. The pups that I had, were well bred and came from good ethical breeders were all just about house trained and knew simple obedience when bringing them home.

Breeders that show, and do something with their dogs in obedience and working titles....the dogs usually have good working drives. Hard to get working titles on a dog that does not want to work. Rottweilers are supposed to be jack-of-all-trades.....good at doing everything. The problems start with breeders that don't do much with their dogs...and never prove them worthy of breeding. :( That's when you can end up with a pup with temperament problems, and hard to train .Brains have to be in their bloodlines.

What plans have you got with your pup? IPG?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts