Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, My baby, Zeus finally had his neck surgery yesterday... The surgery was long at 4 1/2 hrs, but he did well. They scraped off the areas of the vertebrae that were pushing on his spinal cord and causing intermittent paralysis.

...Now he will have to stay in ICU for 3 days and stay extremely immobile since the vertabrae of the neck have been cut.

...It is just so hard being 3 hrs away.. plus not allowed to see him until he is out of ICU....

AND I AM SICK OF CLEANING TO PASS THE TIME AWAY !!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
At least he is on his way to being better.

He will be home soon.

Come clean here there's lots of stuff you could do here.If you could stop playing with all the dogs.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I may come over NOT to clean, but definately play with all the pooches....!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Happy to hear this is just about over for the both of you. Be very careful when you see him again, that great big hug you been saving up may hurt him

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Well just to let you know, that you and Zeus are in our thoughts and prayers.The time will be over soon and then you'll be back together

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Trish , you know he is in my prayers !!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone for your thoughts & prayers... He is a strong boy.. I keep talking to to him (telepathy, I wish) to hang in there and keep fighting...

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Trish, have you heard any good news yet about Zeus ? Or is it to early for them to know ? You know what I'm just going to call you !!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great new!!! The Intern came in the AM to check on Zeus and they found him standing and walking around in his cage. They were pretty amazed... Moved out of ICU to a regular kennel. Now I can go see him.... WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Trish, great news !!!
give him a chicken treat from me !!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well everyone, I want to thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Zeus is home now. Amazing after only 3 days of having spinal cordsurgery. They thought he would bethere 7- 10 days. He is eating and drinking, but his legs are still ataxic (very unbalanced). Just need lots of time, rest and lovin.

And oh yea 2bad, I did give him a BIG QUEEZE, but gentle!

I am also behind in my kisses.
About 250= 50 kisses per day!!!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I am so thrilled to see he is home and that you can hug him and do all the kisses. We pray he continues to grow strong.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Yeaaaaaaaa Trisha's baby is home !!!
He's a tuff little bugger !!! Well maybe not so little
but tuff !!

·
Registered
264 Posts
GOOD NEWS!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and Zeus. Now just spoilthe heck out of him...treats,treats and lots of hugs and kisses too!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 22 Posts