Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry haven't posted lately.. Been really busy with Zeus. Also staying at my inlaws because we have many steps to our house and Zeus not allowed to walk them. (Thats a whole another story)

anyways, incision healing great staples come out Wed. But, now he has two other post op problems. Frist took him to vet has large amount of swelling in hind leg. Vet said it is from surgery and laying around. All the fluid gravitated to the foot. Said he needs to walk and massage it. Well with the neck surgery, he's not suppose to walk. So it is catch 20 there.

Newest problem and I am sick to my stomach for not catching it earlier. Zeus has been licking at the inside of his right elbow and is now limping on it. I looked and found a huge open ulercated sore on his elbow. It is an open sore with looks like muscle showing. I even had him at the vets and I missed it all week. I thought he was just washing himself. This looks worse than his neck surgery. I have a call into the Ohio Hospital since my vet is closed today. I can't believe I missed it. I feel so bad. He keeps wanting to lick it and I try and keep a bandage and ace on it but not the best place for a bandage. I am guessing this is a pressure sore just like people get in the hospital when they lay too much on one area.

I just wish I knew what I could put on it. Sorry, Just needed to vent........

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Stephanie put Aveno on stuff like that,Elwood had an open sore on his side and it was yucky.Made a paste out of the Aveno stuff and put it on it to draw out all the yuckies and they he had to wear a shirt.Which really looked funny.

Hope he gets better soon

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rutylr said:
Stephanie put Aveno on stuff like that,Elwood had an open sore on his side and it was yucky.Made a paste out of the Aveno stuff and put it on it to draw out all the yuckies and they he had to wear a shirt.Which really looked funny.

Hope he gets better soon
Donna,

Is it Aveeno type scrub or lotion?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Oh ...poor guy just can't get a break. At least it isn't a problem with his neck.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Trish , I know with a Mommy like you he will be fine in no time at all !! He's still in my prayers !!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I am so sorry you are having trouble on top of trouble and want you to know you both are in my prayers, day and night
Please don't beat yourself up, we can't see every thing or be every where all the time, we as human beings miss things. You and your baby have had a lot to deal with lately.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update on Zeus"
Back in the hospital. Not for the neck, but for the sores... large pressure sore on the R elbow & abcess on the tiop of the R hind leg. Don't know anymore... I have been with him 24/7 and I feel bad that this still occured. The vet said it does happen when dogs have this surgery and are on bedrest. But thought Zeus would bypass it since he got up so soon and mobile after surgery.

This will be a tedious recovery of healing open wounds. Just keep us in your

thoughts... I know it always could be worse....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone..... They are planning on closing the wounds come monday after Easter. Going to make a trip out to Ohioand stay a couple days.....

I miss my BOY.........................................

·
Registered
253 Posts
hey Shody

Dony worry girl there are much worse pet owners in the world than you! its not your fault you didnt see the ulcer, we cant have eyes in the back of our heads and lets face it Zeus has long hair! its not like it would have been easy to spot!

Cheer up and forget about it - your boy knows you worship the ground he walks on so just busy yourself getting him better

Keep us posted on how he gets on and keep your chin up, you and Zeus are in our thoughts and wishes

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Trish , I told you , you can come over and borrow one of mine ! I know it won't be the same but if you take Apollo for acouple of days you'll feel like you have your Zeus because they are both spoiled brats and Momma's boys .....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts